Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Users - Meeting?

Options
  • 06-11-2002 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

EdnwireIreland is coming over to our premises in Letterkenny next Tuesday to look at our satellite system. Anyone else interested – perhaps we could use it as an informal get together to see what we could possibly do as a group in Donegal?

At the moment we are talking about early afternoon but I could make it an evening meeting if that suited better.

If interested, contact email me on martinATvfmfloors.com or 074 28257

Martin Harran

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Would love to but can't coz of time and coz it's in Letterkenny (spotted yer shop in Donegal Town when getting new windscreen ;) )!

BTW, have you got satellite internet at your premises in Letterkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Originally posted by irishbyte
    BTW, have you got satellite internet at your premises in Letterkenny?

Ummm...yes, that's why edwire is coming there :)

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rez-N-8

i'm interested martin i live in dunfanaghy i will come along if thats ok.

regards Rowan

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

I'd love to come if i could swing it... /me waves from Buncrana... i'll try my best...

What time suits you guys on Tuesday - , afternoon or evening ?

Morning is out for me.

Martin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

afternoon better for me

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Damn, cant make it, will be in Derry all day, let me know the results etc and all the intresting info, anyone heard anything on the launch of DSL in Donegal at all? I was told by some nice girl in Esat that it will be the first quarter next year, but...... when I was talking to a fella in the tech dept, he said that he doubted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Esat will only launch up here if the interconnect fee from eircom comes down as currently their price is near what eircom want to charge. ESAT fibre only reaches to sligo and (as far as i know) doesn't go anywhere near letterkenny and last i spoke to anyone they had no plans to run fibre up here ( well we don't have trains anyway so no esat fibre). so we have to wait for eircon to run its overpriced dsl service and for the odtr to deregulate them properly so they will set a sensible interconnect fee.

Originally posted by ednwireland
    afternoon better for me
    Ed

Don't have your contact number with me so hope you see this.

REZ-N-B and a colleague are coming here tomorrow (Tuesday) for 2:00 p.m. If you can make that, it would allow us to have a general discussion, if not, I will be here all afternoon.

Regards

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ragabone

I am currently contimplating moving to south Donegal to start a business, one of my concerns was the lack of broadband internet access, is it possible you could give me some details on your satellite system and is it expensive to implement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement