Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonecall with eircom

Options
  • 06-11-2002 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

hey all......i have only posted once here before but read this forum every day and have so for months......i am posting this after just getting off the phone with someone in the eircom sales office.......i spoke with them at length about the timescale for the upgrade of exchanges...she told me that they have been told by their superiors that practically all main city exchanges will be up and running by june next year....because i am in a residential and not a business area i spoke with her about that and she said that they are now going to also aim for the residential market for adsl in the new year strongly..........i told her of my grieveances with the current pricing structure and she said that they were very aware that it was very highly priced and that she had been told that as the more and more exchanges get upgraded and the uptake keeps improving that by june next year the price would "drastically" drop.................after having been looking for affordable broadband for years am i getting desperate that i believe her ?????????????????? i have gotten my hopes up before! or maybe the fact is that the rolling stone is gathering moss. Joe.
    forgive my typing punctuation and grammatical errors as i couldnt be arsed checking them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

...she told me that they have been told by their superiors that practically all main city exchanges will be up and running by june next year....

Lemme xlate Ratspeek for ya
    all main city exchanges

there are 7 cities in Ireland

Dublin,Cork,Limerick,Galway,Waterford,Kilkenny,Dundalk

she said they wouldn't even finish that much by end June next year, hence the use of the word Main.

Some DSL will be available in all of them ...... at €ircon prices.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 joec

ah well i live in a main city and im a greedy bastard!!!!!!!! i must have dsllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll nowwwwwwwwwwww or "ill scream so loud the whole world will hear me" god bless the simpsons the best program for quotes!!!! heres the best one ever
    "alcohol the cause of and solution to all lifes problems" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Muck
    ...she told me that they have been told by their superiors that practically all main city exchanges will be up and running by june next year....

Lemme xlate Ratspeek for ya

there are 7 cities in Ireland

Dublin,Cork,Limerick,Galway,Waterford,Kilkenny,Dundalk

I'm not being picky - but did she mention the names of the cities? The EU have a completely different definition of what constitutes a "city", which Eircom may choose to follow. Potentially cutting out Kilkenny and Dundalk for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And Eircom are already promoting Kerry in the ads.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by DMC
    And Eircom are already promoting Kerry in the ads.....

Kerry is not a city....thats true

ASAI here we go again :) bet its only Listowel or something but not Kerry as claimed in the ad.

Can someone from the wilds of Kerry ring them 1800 512 128 and then go to www.asai.ie and COMPLAIN

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

in fairness they did say parts of kerry. i distinctly heard the "parts of" bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jesus,

cities by june...i live in the coutryside...i guess that means another year or 2...this is just depressing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

not listowel, it'll be Tralee and Killarney me thinks.

Advertisement