Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

slow down!

• 06-11-2002 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi im 21 years old and ever since i was 15 i feel my life is going too fast, my life is very routinely based sd in i follow a schedule but time is flying by and im not happy about it
    for instanse i can remember things thathappened this exact time last year like they just happened!
    any help apreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

So can i remember things like they were yesterday... its called a good memory. If you mean that life is moving by in a blur and you might loose track of what day,week even year it is without having to think hard about it? Well would you rather be bored and have nothing to do, nothing to keep you occupied? Whatever you do for a living.. college, work... try something else.. its all you can do. Oh dont drink alcohol, dont do drugs and dont drink caffeine.. life WILL slow down. Also try relaxing... instead of going out every night or a lot.. have a lot more nights in.. read a good book.. its fairly straight forward and obvious advice and you should have thought of it yourself... If you want to slow down.. then do so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Thats really quite a simple one and not really to be worried about. A friends dad put it this way-

Up to your mid teens, your life experience isnt that great and therefore just about everything is a new experience. As you get older fewer things become new experiences and more become familiar experiences. The fact that the greater amount of things you experience are familiar gives the impression that it happened in the relatively recent past making time seem like it's passing quicker.

Two examples- I left school ten years ago, yet it seems like yesterday.
    Everytime I wake up in a doorway pissed I think "This is too familiar. Seems like I was only here last week".

Advertisement