Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Speeds

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

105mph in a Toyota Condor just outside Swellendam in South Africa. Didn't realise I was going that fast until my passengers asked me to slow down. This is a Toyota Condor - not exactly a sports car...

Toyota%20Condor.png

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

drdre wrote:
    well u donot have a clue then about cars, i have a golf so i know what o am talkin about

Bejaysis fair play to you if you got your 1.4 liter golf up to 190 km/h on the M50. I've never managed anything near that with my V8 BMWs

What did the trick, NOx kit, aftermarket turbo or cheapsh!te overstating speedo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

~30mph in an '86 Nissan Micra
    Some serious G's :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

unkel wrote:
    Bejaysis fair play to you if you got your 1.4 liter golf up to 190 km/h on the M50. I've never managed anything near that with my V8 BMWs

What did the trick, NOx kit, aftermarket turbo or cheapsh!te overstating speedo?
    Vivid imagination more like.

I'd be a bit skeptical about 100 in a Daihatsu Domino too. I drove one of those on the absolute limit, down a hill (the stretch into Midleton from the Cork side), with a tailwind, and the needle wouldn't budge over 91mph. And I'm glad it didn't, I was positively pooing myself as it was.

Don't really get top end though tbh, does very little for me. I'd be quite happy with a car limited to 80 or so, just as long as it had plenty of oomph.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

the guy who said he did 162mph in a TT made me smile. :) thanks

135mph (alfa cloverleaf)
    153mph (bmw M3)
    165mph 3 door Sierra Cosworth (whale tale like rs500. 3000 sterling worth of engine work done to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Thing is most speedos are WAAYyyyyyyyyyyy off in terms of accuracy !

I know they are all supposed to be within 10% but I've verified a few with my GPS and they are generally ludicrous, especially when accelerating hard, the needle tends to accelerate more than the car does !!

Curiously my old Merc speedo read about 12% slow !! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

just under 180 k/mh in a 1.6 mazda 3 on the athlone dual carriageway two weekends ago. What's that, about 110mph or 115mph?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

The thread that just won't die

*bang*

That should do it. Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement