Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to Mac Internet sharing through ISDN

Options
  • 06-11-2002 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi guys,

To get straight to the point, I have a quicksilver G4 here, newly arrived home from NYC with my sister in toe. She does a lot of web design and gfx, basically she needs a fast internet connection immediately and the only way to do it seemingly is to LAN her g4 Mac Os 9.1 to my athlon 1800 Windows2000 with an asuscom PCI isdn card installed. I know with Mac OSX its supposed to be a lot easier but its not here right now. Any suggestions how to do this? Would a program like dave do the job? PS anyone who can help gets my sist0r :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭ando

you share the internet connection with the windows system. If its windows 2000/xp , go into network and dial up connections, right click on the dial up connection, properties, sharing and enable it (demand dial if you want). You will need to have the PC connected to the network when enabling internet connection sharing, if its on its own, it will only cause errors. Then go into the mac and setup the IP addres (apple, control panel, tcp/ip) to 192.168.0.5 with subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 and a default gateway as 192.168.0.1
    Set the Name Server as 194.125.133.10

Now make sure you can communicate with both computers by going into the Pc command prompt and type 'Ping 192.168.0.5'
    It should say 'reply from 192.168.0.5' four times. If it does say reply from everything is setup. Now connect manually to the internet with the Pc, goto the mac and open internet explorer, make sure its not setup for any proxy settings and it should be ok......

see how it goes, any probs, tell us

'Dave' will not share any internet connection, its just used for network shares for the two operating systems. Since Internet sharing uses Tcp, there should be no problem as the two operating systems use Tcp/Ip.

BTW, i forgot to mention, but you do have a network Lan already setup yea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Thanks a lot for the info ando much appreciated. Yeah what your describing there clarifies a few points ive left out, I'll give that a go tommorrow.

Advertisement