Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what you got?

Options
  • 07-11-2002 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

what do you play and what make is your instrument?

ok i know most of the people here play guitar, so what kinda guitar exactly

me, im playing on an acoustic version of the gibson semi-goth (or so the brochure says) its nothing special really but i love to bits,
    ive also ordered my (wait for it) les paul goth its really cool, its a les paul only its made out of something weird, dunno what its called but it feels great!

[edit] after reading through this, it makes me seem like a bit of a goth, not that i have anything against them or anything im just not one, i just like black guitars[/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Viola - 60 year old custom build (17.5" - ie. its a BIG beastie)

Guitar - Fender Strat USA 1989

Piano - Not sure which make (it's my sisters but I play it too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭damien_gill

Aria Pro II electric guitar with dark sunburst colours.

Fender Semi-Acoustic with a cutaway

Encore full size acoustic (this was my first guitar and the one I use the most it's a peice of crap it only cost about £80 but it's the only guitar I can write songs with)

Yamaha Keyboard (cant remember the model but it was €300 dont play it much though)

And last but not least a Jet black Pearl Export 5 piece drum kit with Zildjian Bronze cymbals. (my kit does not get played very often at all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

<joke>
    a shell pink Fender telecaster with a rainbow strap which i tighten so it hangs just below my neck.
    :D
    </j>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

wine coloured fender mexican

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

ibanez RG470 blue + line 6 POD + JCM 800 combo
    Pearl Rhythm Traveller Drum kit (just learning)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Dudes... Do you want me to reply to this one ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Havn't you already? Btw, I'm still waiting on those certain items of clothing, belonging to a certain admin you promised me....

I'm sure you don't want to break a promise... do you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Fender DG-3 . The best acoustic guitar I've played costing under €600 ... anyone who has played it has generally agreed. It only cast £150=]
    Yamaha Pacifica Electric guitar through a 25 watt Fender amp which I have only played past volume level 1 once due to excessive rattling of windows (from a 25 watt amp?!?)

Lee Oskar C Harmonica. Can't beat the blues harp solos.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

12 string guitar with not enough bassiness
    4 string fretless bass with not enough 12 stringness
    3/4 size classical perfect for pretending I own a Les Paul :(
    Midi controller keyboard for sampleramaness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

What the hell is this thing
    EGFNXZ-SPEEDRD-f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

Well its obviously somesort of laser asault rifle from the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ooh a headless guitar, the machine heads look like they'd get in my way when playing and I'd keep knocking it out of tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tis one of them there travelling geetars tis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

looks like a prop from back to the future:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've got myself one of these:
    http://www.bcrich.com/guitars/nj/virgin/nj_virgin.htm
    'Cept in black.

And one of these:
    http://www.bcrich.com/guitars/nj/warlock_bass/warlock_bass.htm
    'Cept in black, and with 5 strings.

And hopefully, when I've saved enough...
    One of these:
    http://www.bcrich.com/guitars/nj/bich/nj_bich.htm
    'Cept with a pointed headstock, and a custom fretboard.
    And possibly an extra pickup.

Oh, and I also got a Yamaha keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stonequeen

em... don't really care about makes n sh*t (i'm sorry!!) but i kinda wanted to join in anyays. i've a piano (that's my baby), a bass (Paddington), a flute (Rupert) and, well, is it worth mentioning my ickle harmonoica (Poo)?

angelwhore, this is just a hunch, but you really like your sharp objects dont you!?:D
    nice gear, not my thing though, they look kinda pricy, what you pay for them?

and stonequeen, i like the way you name your instruments, aint seen someone do that in years:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

A 5 piece win red Sonor Force 2000 drum kit - piece of shít!!
    With a set of Zildjian ZBT cymbals.

Lots of different drums, bongos, little djembe bastards and other things I don't even know what to call!!

and since im asking anyway, whered you get them? online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Set of LP Congas, a Jerabuka, Timbalaes, Vibratone, go go bells, woodblocks, claves.

Honer Les Paul Copy and a nice Casio Sound bank keyboard :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Carbine
    angelwhore, this is just a hunch, but you really like your sharp objects dont you!?:D
    nice gear, not my thing though, they look kinda pricy, what you pay for them?

Yes, I like an Axe that can be used as such. :D:D:D

But they weren't overly pricey, no. The Virgin I got for 450 Irish, nearly 2 years ago. Which was a bargain, as I was talking to Paul Allender, who has one of the same, and he told me he got his for 600 Sterling! So it was pretty fecking cheap, when you look at it like that. The Warlock bass however, was 750 Euro, and that was rather recently bought, but it's paid for now.

Hopefully now I'll have a little Trace Elliot 30watt to add to that list soon. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lanod44

ive got a red squire teltcaster, a black encore strat, a yamaha acoustic from about '75 and a spanish guitar from about the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Gibson Les Paul Standard tobacco sunburst as in black and gold

BC Rich Mockingbird NJ seris neckthrough (red..)

Marshall AVT 275

Marshall JCM 1960A 4 * 12 Cab

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby

Does me fine..

NeM..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I have,

A maggini replica made in saxony late 19th century violin
    1984 hofner viola
    Generic mandolin,
    25 year old selmer guitar,
    piano (not actually mine)
    and my favorite, digerydoo, it is the BEST
    And have just got a bass guitar, it is teh win! a little messed but teh win all the same
    bwywaywyawyawywaywa etc...
    i am currently trying to find a 5 string electric violin at a reasonable price anyone got any advice?

oh and digerdoos are about €30 - €50 and make the best present ever, bwyayawyawyawy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

Acoustic:

Lowden F10c with a Fishman Natural 2 Split pickup

Electric:

Gibson Blueshawk (replace the crappy machine heads with Grovers)

Pedals:

Danelectro Fish&Chips 7 Band EQ
    Boss DD3 Digital Delay
    Vox Wah
    Ibanez Phasor
    Boss OD2 Turbo Overdrive
    Dallas Arbiter Fuzzface

Amp:

Vox Cambridge 30 Reverb

I've got a couple of really old gorgeous Spanish guitars lying around too.
    And a semi-acoustic Crafter (all solid woods) which is for sale, mail me if you interested...lovely sound, plays really well...

i just thought of something,
    like i said im getting a les paul goth, (still dont have it btw) but i just got a thinking has anyone actually seen or played one?
    the guy at the shop says their collectors items, although i find this very hard to believe as he only owns a small shop and has already sold 3 and has ordered 2 more.

so my question is have you ever played it and if so what did ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I played one also played an SG Goth didnt realy like either to be honest...I dint didnt seem as ballsy as yer standard SG or Les Paul..Id be more after a kinda hard rock kinda Guns N' Roses/Soundgarden kinda sound..not a metal sound as such.

In short id never ever ever just buy something because it looks nice..if you pick up a guitar and it doesnt feel right..it never will..also try it out with your exact equipment pedals everything ! If they dont have it bring your amp in ffs.

Go for yer standard Les Paul black..id bet my ass its better built than the Goth..didnt feel all that solid to me whereas my Les Paul could be used as a weapon of mass destruction,or tied to the end of a crane and used to knock down buildings ! Not that id ever try that..

all the best

NeM..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

"Obenez" Les Paul kinda thing. It's about 25 years old, and very dirty.

Advertisement