Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheffield Wednesday

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Good luck today lads, always had a soft spot for Wednesday and a sincere hatred for Steve Bruce so I hope yous get the job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Definately butterflies now alright.

Still can't quite believe we are were we are.

Come on you owls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Hope this is on down my local!
    Wonder if I'll see any other owls kits about :D
    Hopefully not Hull ones!
    Not long now... Unreal to be back in top flight football

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Not long now... Unreal to be back in top flight football

I can see us edging it, man I'm a bag of nerves. Whatever the result it's a great feeling to be in with a shout at PL promotion and knowing the club is in good hands on and off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

As much as I hate to say it Hull were the better side.

We didn't look like scoring pretty much all game and we easily could have been 2 down at half time.

Foristieri was completely taken out of the game and nobody else stood up to be counted.
    I'm assuming they had 2 or 3 players around him as he just couldn't get involved.

So yeah disappointed but we have to take the positives here.

What a fantastic season. Who'd have thought we'd be playing in Wembley.

If we can keep the squad together and in particular hold onto Foristieri and buy wisely in the summer to strengthen I think we'll be up there again next season.

Roll on next season I say!

Come on you owls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Indeed very disappointing and anti-climatic.... I dont think we bottled it, but a number of key players didn't turn up and Hull did an excellent job in stopping FF and Hooper getting into he game, they overran us in midfield. Def need to strengthen over the summer. Hit the ground running next season and challenge automatics.

WAWAW

But the future is bright !!

WAWAW

4 MORE SLEEPS :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

First season in a long time that i feel we can definitely compete.

I know we need to change some things from last year.
    2nd leg at Brighton and Wembley proved we have some flaws but from Day 1 we have a bloody good team even if it is Watford reserves.

WAWAW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

First season in a long time that i feel we can definitely compete.

Exactly. Delighted that the first match is a proper test as well, will be an interesting indicator of where we are in relation to the likely promotion candidates.

More penetration needed, this game is there for the taking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

You lot def have been the better side so far but haven't really looked like scoring despite that. As a Villa fan I'm obviously hoping that continues but you lot def have a nice group of players.

Fletcher being reported as only having a cut that needed stitches so he should be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You have a game changer at that level in Almen Abdi. Always good for popping up with important goals. Should be a big asset for Wednesday.

Get in :D

Got away with that, unlucky Villa! Hutchinson lucky to stay on the pitch, as usual, Bannan repeated his recent habit of disappearing from the scene and McCormack missed a great chance. Still, lovely finish from FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hippo wrote: »
    Got away with that, unlucky Villa! Hutchinson lucky to stay on the pitch, as usual, Bannan repeated his recent habit of disappearing from the scene and McCormack missed a great chance. Still, lovely finish from FF.

Forestieri was excellent throughout. The difference between the 2 sides, along with the Hutchinson decisions which you've already referenced. A draw probably would have been a fair result in a game of 2 halves but one error turns a game. Enough there to suggest both teams will be in the top 6.

We're on our way...on our waaaay...on our way..on our way !!

:)

SIX wins in a row

Unbelieveable Jeff!!!!

Really not sure how you did it Carlos but you sir are a legend.

#OnOurWay Version2.0

And now the story really starts. Surprising conclusion to a season where we didn't seem to play as well as last season, but ended up with a superior points total. You have to think if we make it to Wembley the team won't freeze again. At least I hope not!

This is our year lads, as the Liverpool faithful would say !!

Im off to the game tomo, #wawaw

Stuxnet wrote: »
    This is our year lads, as the Liverpool faithful would say !!

Im off to the game tomo, #wawaw

me too
    had such negative vibes the other month

then 6 wins in a row and BOOM #OnOurWay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey guys, a bunch of us from an Irish Sheffield Wednesday supporters group on facebook are going to meet tomorrow, Wednesday 17th, for the 2nd leg.
    We are meeting in Buskers on the Ball near temple bar.
    The barman is a Wednesday supporter so has convinced him to put the game on the big screen and if numbers are there, free finger food.
    Let's thank him for putting his neck on the line for us :-) , and turn up for the game there!

4 hours of work then off to the airport for the Inter City Owl

Never been a better chance then this.

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZZZZZARDS

****in sickened.... Carlos has lost the plot. Awful again yesterday, and wtf, bringing on Big Dave at the end, when goal scorer Winnall on the bench, insane... and JR refusing to take a peno. Shocking

Contract expired, I would be very surprised if he was given another contract

Jesus that was awful. Gave Huddersfield, who looked toothless for the entire tie, far too much respect. We sat back like they were Barcelona, with the deserved outcome. Inexplicable.

I was very unhappy with Hutch taking the first one - he's a game lad and all but really....and very very unhappy with Rhodes not taking one at all!

WAWAW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

What's the craic lads?
    I think Steve Bruce did a great job when he took over.
    With a full pre-season and potential signings, I think we are dead certs for automatic promotion next year.

I think we are dead certs for automatic promotion next year.
    ah here, dont jinx it !! :)

If we dont, I give up... the last 20 years have taken their toll on me !! ha
    If SB cant do it, Im becoming a pig ....

Seriously tho, ya there's defiantly reason to be optimistic these days, DC has performed miracles in his short time as chairman, 2 playoffs thought Id never experience, one final at wembley. What a ****in buzz.

He messed up bringing in Jos, wont hold it against him hes certainly not afraid to flash the cheque book, something we have never had in the modern era.

Responds well to criticism through fan forums, and brings in SB. Could not of done better.

SB turned it around instantly, we went on an amazing run,and we could easily have 10 entrys as Champ Goal of the season.

What a time to be an owl. Were not used to the feel good factor

WAWAW

Gotta keep Fessi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just wondering if this is the oldest active thread?

17 years!

But back on topic, as a neutral it would be great to see youse back in the EPL. It really misses teams like you and Leeds.

So **** being a Wednesday fan, 😭

• Advertisement

Gas to see activity in this thread. WAWAW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭srfc d16

Stuxnet wrote: »
    So **** being a Wednesday fan, ��

I'm not a big fan of Pulis but I'm glad Monk is gone and Westwood is back involved. Think Pulis will do enough to have the team clear of relegation which is all that can be asked this year. Championship is a mad league so who knows where they will end up if they go on a decent run.

Advertisement