Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Sheffield Wednesday are giving a trial to the former Scotland international midfielder Scot Gemmill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_wed/4654650.stm

hmmm....

Sheffield Wednesday have signed Southampton's Yoann Folly and Leon Best on loan for the rest of the season.
    Midfielder Folly, 20, has figured five times for Saints this term and striker Best, 19, has already had a stint on loan with the Owls this season.

Everyone knows what Leon is about after his loan spell with us," Owls boss Paul Sturrock told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"Yoann was always on my list, he played 11 games for me and was man of the match in at least five of those."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Best is in the Ireland U21 squad for this months tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

MacLean is back as well, played a reserve game and is back in squad. Both players will be useful in the run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

folly isnt a bad player any time i've seen him play he's done alright, not been able to force his way into the saints team though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Very poor result last night, and no sign of McClean on the bench. Anyone looking forward to the Milwall game....?

another match , another blank from the forwards.
    it seems all the problems do not lie with the strikers thou, its the service.
    folly seems like a defensive midfielder, best is a forward.
    and the transfer market has been and gone.

why sign ritchie partridge and not use him, he is one of the few people who can put in crosses.
    also brunt , who is left footed is being played on the right sometimes, where he is shepparded infield by any decent defenders as he cant whip in crosses on his right foot.

millwall is the old proverbial "6 pointer"....fingers crossed.

i might sound dispondant, but im not...."we are too good to go down" - ha ha ha....:(

."we are too good to go down" - ha ha ha....:(
    Ha ha of course we are ha ha....:eek:

This what we need to start moving back up the table
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5369862920623105928&q=sheffield+wednesday

Watch out for dodgy music thou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

WTF is up with the start of that? He looks over at the ref SIX times! Is it just the one shot shown over and over again or does he have a rotten head-twitch?

edit:// just noticed its the same shot over and over!

Sounds like a great performance at Milwall, though why there was no keeper on the bench with Lucas only just back from injury is a mystery. Only 6 more wins needed!

sturrock never names a sub goalie.
    there have been numerous discussions about this over on the wednesday forums and how it was only a matter of time before they got caught out.
    this time they got away with it......just.....
    controversial goal for wednesday as well

controversial goal for wednesday as well

Has to be goal of the season I think:D

Was so funny but I wouldn't think the Milwall fans will see the funny side but who cares another win and moves us further away from the relagation zone. Pity Wolves are brutal and couldnt beat Leicester! stupid Hoddle:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

that will "learn" them ;)

• Advertisement

ANy Watford fans around? I wanna shake your hand:D

...and while we're at it, fingers crossed for a 0-0 draw between Brighton and Leicester on Saturday. V worried about the visit of Palace.

LMAO, sad to see all the old Wednesday players with Utd now. Geary is doing well could he force himself into the Rep squad? Also had Bromby and Quinn in the 16.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

As do I. Leeds still have a chance of second now.

Kingp35 wrote:
    As do I. Leeds still have a chance of second now.

Don't think Leeds will be able to catch them now, but I would put them as favorites for the play off win. Them and Palace I would say

• Advertisement

i wouldnt touch geary with a barge pole.no way will he be called up.even if sheff utd get promoted, he wont get in the republic squad.
    he is terrible

i wouldnt touch geary with a barge pole.no way will he be called up.even if sheff utd get promoted, he wont get in the republic squad.
    he is terrible

Got Shef Wed player of the season the year before we where relagated to the 2nd Division. Decent enought player and could be handy in squad for cover.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

he is terrible

He is a decent player but I wouldnt rate him is international quality at the moment.

Anyone see Brunt's free kick last night? Incredible strike. Also incredible was that he was on the bench to start with.

Hippo wrote:
    Anyone see Brunt's free kick last night? Incredible strike. Also incredible was that he was on the bench to start with.

Didnt see it but scored a cracker against Leicester

Saw it on Sky after the results. Smacked it over the wall and nearly burst the net.

Not sure why hes got Partridge also warming the bench at KO too. We now have 3(yes three)quality strikers yet PS keeps going with Corr...I cant fathom it.

Saturdays the big one, was hoping to be there but its not happening and im gutted. After last nights battling performance im hopeful of a good game.

Tragic news about 2 wednesdayites getting killed on the way back from Coventry in a car crash, minutes silence will be held at the derby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

So after our Venture in the FA Cup came to an end last weekend against Brum its back to business in the championship. With some of the lower placed teams playing each other it could turn out to be a vital weekend in the race for safety

Stoke v Millwall - Stoke Win
    Southampton v Sheff Wed - Wednesday Win
    Crewe v Brighton - Crwho can start thinking bout playing the Vale next season :D - Draw
    Derby v Plymouth - Still cant believe we lost twice to Derby - Plymouth Win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Hopefully mclean can grab a few goals over the next month or so to leave wednesday safe.Cant believe partridge isnt been given more of a chance at wednesday.He always seems to be on the sub bench.Earlier on in the season he was doing ok and setting up a few goals.

Hopefully wednesday can survive this season as they have had a terrible time with injuries this season and always had a soft spot for wednesday.

well saturday was a vital 2-0 over preston.
    i must admit i was surprised with the result, but burton and tudgay have just hit form on time.
    wednesday now have a 5 point cushion over relegation and i am believing we can do it.i would have settled for 4th last before a ball was kicked.

combine that with the "piggies" collapse,;) it could be a great season

massive result alright, although a five point gap seems very slight at this stage...there still seems a hell of a long way to go, keep wishing for those milwall defeats!

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    Don't think Leeds will be able to catch them now,

Almost there :D

Kingp35 wrote:

LMAO, Im still ahead with the Miller comments:D

Saturday was fantastic. Totally under the kosh for 30 minutes, Dichio got injuredand subbed and Preston lost the plot.

Bischoff made a howler, swung at the ball on the penalty spot and totally fluffed it. I think the gods musta been smiling on S6. Great goal from Deon, he had some other excellent chances as we took over 2nd half. And with the 2nd goal as a cushion straight after the break(how many times have we had that!!), a nicely tsken quick throw in and keeper in no-mans land 'the other Burton' scored a beaut.

Nice bit of off-the-ball with the subs warming up, one of the Preston subs wouldnt give the ball back so Maclean gave him some verbal. The Preston player started mimickin smacking him in the face with the ball. The Kop went mental, they had to be taken off...the warm up area!!!

I seem to pick the best games, apart from Wolves over xmas ive not seen Wednesday lose. Might start going to Leeds!!! I think Warnock's gona fck it up himself anyway. I hope Watford finish 2nd.

'Colin Out' :D

Tudgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

3 points from WOlves.....woohooo

Come on Watford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

great result agaist wolves today, well done wednesday

bloody watford. but what a result against wolves....:D

Kingp35 wrote:

Should have kept my mouth shut :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Great result against Norwich today, even if the Blades made it up..... :p

3 more to go and just 1 win to secure safety.

Thank feck for that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

You were lucky, very lucky today

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote:
    You were lucky, very lucky today
    tell me about it!

You can take all 6 points off us next year.... we really needed those 3 today! :D

Kingp35 wrote:
    Should have kept my mouth shut :mad:

haha,was just watching the highlights on ITV and was thinking about this. Logged on to take the pi** but you had beat me to it.....would like Leeds to go up or Palace in the Playoff.

Great win by Shef Wed and a well taken goal, all we need is a good result on Monday and we can look forward to next season and more rebuilding. Norwich where unlucky? don't think so. If you can't score into an open net then you deserve no luck:D

whiskeyman wrote:
    tell me about it!

You can take all 6 points off us next year.... we really needed those 3 today! :D

No chance, we will be in play off position next season so will need to 3 points. We will get promoted at those waster Shef Utd get thrown out of the PL for having the worst team ever seen.....even worse than the last few Sunderland sides......Alan Quinn will return to Shef Wed with pure embrassement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Big Nelly wrote:
    If you can't score into an open net then you deserve no luck:D

Henderson was offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

stupid norwich, why couldn't you beat them :(
    We gotta beat them next week for any hope, but it's looking unlikely that we can stay up, especially with Southampton's form :/

Big Nelly wrote:
    haha,was just watching the highlights on ITV and was thinking about this. Logged on to take the pi** but you had beat me to it.....would like Leeds to go up or Palace in the Playoff.

Unlucky :D
    I think it might be a Leeds v Palace final if Leeds can manage to finish third.
    Great win by Shef Wed and a well taken goal, all we need is a good result on Monday and we can look forward to next season and more rebuilding. Norwich where unlucky? don't think so. If you can't score into an open net then you deserve no luck:D

Yeah great result for Sheffield Wednesday and I think they are almost safe now. Good result today and they are safe. I always thought they would just have enough to survive. Didnt deserve to go straight back down again.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:
    Didnt deserve to go straight back down again.

And that we won't.... thank feck!

Here's to the new season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Kingp35 wrote:
    Unlucky :D
    I think it might be a Leeds v Palace final if Leeds can manage to finish third.

well the form guide would say Preston but i think they are too inexperienced, same with Watford. Palace to edge it over Leeds in the final.

well the form guide would say Preston but i think they are too inexperienced, same with Watford. Palace to edge it over Leeds in the final.

Leeds to edge it over Palace in the final :D

Congrats to Sheffield Wednesday for staying up after a great 0-2 win over Brighton today. Hopefully Leeds wont be playing them again next season though.

Glorious result at the withdean...dancing in the streets, etc.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Kingp35 wrote:
    Leeds to edge it over Palace in the final :D

knife fight?

• Advertisement
Advertisement