Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy tapes to PC

• 07-11-2002 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

My wife has a collection of tapes (in a foreign language, hard to get) that are getting a bit crusty (being eaten by the hifi, also one was chewed by the baby :eek:) ... so I was asked to copy them ... but, says I, wouldn't it be better to make a CD from them ... so I looked and I have a male to male audio cable and I have a line in socket on by Sound Blaster Live Player 1024 ... So I can connect the PC to the hifi or a walkman....
    I'm downloading the latest win2000 drivers and other bits for the card now (a hefty 24MB)

So, what do I need on the PC to actually grab the input on the soundbaster card? Has anyone done this type of thing with a Sound Blaster Live Player 1024? Were the results any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Adaptec Easy Cd Creator Platinum has a piece of software called spin doctor which is for this.
    Maybe look at www.webattack.com and see can you find software for this aswell as its a free and shareware site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've made CD's from tapes before. All I used was a walkman plugged into my Line-In socket and Creative WaveStudio (software that comes with the SoundBlaster card) to get the sound into the PC, chop it into tracks, crop off the silent sections, remove the tape hiss and clean it up a bit, and then ahead Nero Burning Rom to record it to CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I've just finished doing something similar for my mam.
    Did it the same way as Bard. Using a walkman, a 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug cable and the Creative Audigy software. Very simple to do as the software can remove hiss's,silence etc.

If you don't want to do it yourselve let me know and I'll do it free of charge. I live in Kildare but work in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Cheers for the offer BattlingCheese, I'll have a shot at it meself tonight first though ... downloaded the 24MB soundblaster software at work ... its on a zip disk in me pocket now ... try it out tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

i done this on some rare irish tape recordings for a guy,

I used Music Match as well, think you can only do it with the paid for version (which i paid for ;) )

• Advertisement
Advertisement