Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderatorship (or lack thereof)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

This looks like it could get interesting. But the only thing connecting us is CTYI, and a mild acquaintanceship. Now I'm not sure what the rules governing threads are in other forums, but this isn't like a forum like green issues or others where people get together to discuss green issues, this is a community forum. I thought the basic criteria to posting threads was having attended CTYI, not having the threads related to CTYI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Bleh.

I resolve to shake my head at you all. ALL!

Hope you're feeling better fio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Happy CTYI guy
    I thought the basic criteria to posting threads was having attended CTYI, not having the threads related to CTYI

That is the idea.... just people tend to start banging their heads against walls when you see a "Best Movies EVAR" thread for the millionth time.... don't worry they'll learn to ignore it.

You see my and Adam are the oldest people on this forum, he set itup and i was using it within a couple of days/hours :) I've seen more repetative threads here than most ofye lot have seen nappies :P (and thats a *hell* of a lot judging from recent conversations) :)

Learn to ignore the threads you dont want to read, thats what happened with the movies thread, i had no interest in it and i had assumed it was on topic.... 7 pages later? sorry folks, my bad.

I'm feeling a little better Sven thanks, i've just had a fair bit on my mind.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

I'm feeling a little better Sven thanks, i've just had a fair bit on my mind.

*huggs*

we need to catch a hot chocolate when you're in dublin.

as for all this waffle - pah, ctyi needs about as much moderation as funky dig. i dont want to read anything here so I dont really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Do we really need another moderator though? The site seems to be working fine for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Okay, i think i've figured this out. The arguement is that there is too many **** threads and that they should be got rid of. Right, i understand that, but then what are we making room for? It's not like there's an abundance of threads at the monent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Happy, there isn't a minimum amount of threads we need -- I think most people would appreciate one decent thread a week than three half assed threads a day. Although I also think other things that may make any opinion I ever have null and void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

The point is not the threads being made <well... kinda... really stupid threads are annoying cause.. well... they're really stupid>. The point is the crap that's being spewed on them. Mostly, personally I don't mind. It's just when people start getting at each other and it devolves into everyone calling everyone else names that i personally start to get annoyed.

Erm.. it's early. If that didn't make sense, ask me again when my brains working.

Advertisement