Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

555 123 123 123

Options
  • 07-11-2002 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Call this number. I know there is 1 too many digits but it's supposed to be like that so it goes straight in to voicemail. Very funny!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Pretty good, although it stopped after 60secs :)

Is putting your number on the net a great idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

you know,you can take a digit away from that anf you'll get your actual number..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

password is neither 0000 or 1234

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

It's not my no. I got sent that in an email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's not very nice to post someone's number on the internet, i'm hoping this gets deleted by a mod sometime soon?

I don't know who owns it but I presume that they put that voice mail up so that people can listen to it?? And if I got it through email god knows how many other people would have received it too.

That's hardly the point.

That's exactly the point. That person's phone number is in the public domain already - being distributed by email - and I'm pretty sure that a lot more people will have received it via email than will have read it on this board.

No, the point is, you should have the cop on to stop distributing the number.

All i'm saying is, how would you feel if someone posted your phone number on boards and emailed it to people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wouldn't like to have to ring that person, wait for 60 seconds to listen to that amusing (but not hilarious) song before leaving a message.

If he gets undue attention, he deserves it (IMHO).

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB

If he gets undue attention, he deserves it (IMHO).

- Dave.

I doubt the owner of that number is the originator of the emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by eth0_
    I doubt the owner of that number is the originator of the emails.

You know this how?

Someone ring the guy, settle it once and for all. I'd say he meant for this to happen.

Originally posted by koneko
    You know this how?

Someone ring the guy, settle it once and for all. I'd say he meant for this to happen.

I'm taking an educated guess.
    YOU ring him :P

Originally posted by eth0_
    No, the point is, you should have the cop on to stop distributing the number.

All i'm saying is, how would you feel if someone posted your phone number on boards and emailed it to people?

I wouldn't be too impressed but on the other hand I wouldn't put a message like that on my voice mail. This person drew attention to themselves, same goes if you wear a silly hat, people are going to stare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Don't do that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm not going to close this thread becasue I've had this number emailed to me several times and clearly, it's all over the country anyhow. The owner didn't just set this up for the craic - he did it to let his mates hear it and why not spread it 'round?

If he's dumb enough to do it, then let him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Am, having not heard the message (no credit) I'd reckon it's not actually a mobile, but rather a callbox of some telecomms employee, or in a corporate setting etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

this reminds me of that add where the plumbers are parked in front of some womens carr so she rings the saying she's from a lap-dancing club.

well the number written on that van actually worked, and when you ring it you get through to a piss-take answering service where one of the plumbers is talking.

kinda funny at the time
    i think the number was
    085 9090900
    it goes something like that anyway, all 9's and 0's but definitly 085
    try it out and see if it still works, (i cant my fone is all lost and ****!:( )

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thats not a valid number..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

off but slightly on-topic.. anyone ring that crisps hotline? was it walkers? with the stupid hotline ad on tv.. apparently its pretty freaky..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It is - the mail box is just full. I can't hear anything...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Whats the number for the walkers thing?

Just tried to listen to it again, but whoever owns that phone has finally decided to remove the recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Lenny
    Whats the number for the walkers thing?
    1850 0650300

"Were sorry, but we cannot collect your call, because the number you have dialed is not in server, please check your number, and dial again"

Advertisement