Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wishing upgrade computer

• 07-11-2002 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in so feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum if necessary.

I am planning to upgrade my PC, particularly my motherboard. I currently have a Dell l667r dimension. Now i don't know how to go about ugrading the motherboard. I have tried dell's website but that just seemed like a pile of pants!!! Also i have heard stories of how dell likes to customise some of its hardware to make it harder for people to simply upgrade, i.e. different pin configurations for the power source and screw alignments on the motherboard.

All i really need is advice and places to visit at the moment, as this is currently just a dream due to financial constraints, but i would still like to know the figures i would be dealing with.

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Well if you are upgrading from the dell l667r which is a 667 PIII i assume, you will have to upgrade your power supply aswell as motherboard as i dont think the one you got will be powerful enough. If you are just upgrading motherboard and CPU komplett.ie do bundles which start at 285 . Tho you will probable need a power supply with tat aswell

Advertisement