Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pets beat lawyers. Go lassie!

• 07-11-2002 4:57pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Um, ok much as I would love to have a legal forum, its just too scary for the legal folk and for us to host. There are places even I fear to tread.

Unless we could find a professional legal practitioneer to answer the questions posed and help us obviate the liability to Boards Ltd then we couldnt really chance it. We're out on a limb enough as it is! Its the same reason Occy cant mod a "Health/Medicine" board... professional restrictions.

Anyway, Pets are unlikely to sue if you feed them the wrong thing so we've created that board alright. It will appear in the Nav tomorrow, its available today if you navigate to it using UBB's built in navigation.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yay for pets...I see some people have made constructive contributions already ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Sense has prevailed...
    In so far as a Pets board is sensible vis-a-vis a Legal board.

--
    Just for completness...
    Pets are unlikely to sue

Pets have assumed legal personality in the US. And they've sued ex partae in Probate cases where their owners have designated them sole beneficiaries of their will, but the deceased's other relatives refuse to accept the will.

Its a crazy world we live:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Originally posted by DeVore
    Um, ok much as I would love to have a legal forum, its just too scary for the legal folk and for us to host. There are places even I fear to tread.

Unless we could find a professional legal practitioneer to answer the questions posed and help us obviate the liability to Boards Ltd then we couldnt really chance it. We're out on a limb enough as it is! Its the same reason Occy cant mod a "Health/Medicine" board... professional restrictions.

DeV.

Fair 'nuff.

The above is very true. I hadn't considered the ramifications when I was agitating for the Law Forum.

Yeah, a pet is a lot less scary than a tee'd off lawyer I reckon.
    A rabid Rottweiler is a pussy compared to a legal eagle with his feathers ruffled (to mix a metaphor or two)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

You can always go to lawmeme if you want lawyer stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Just say 80project gave some legal advise about, say home rental laws. Technically he could be done for eroticizing law without a license, technically I could be done as well, but im just spouting bull****.

Seriously though its the same reason if you had a taxation forum no revenue commissioner would touch it.

Ps, its not a speeling mistake

• Advertisement
Advertisement