Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with PC

• 07-11-2002 6:47pm

For the past few weeks i have been having a problem with my PC . What happens is i will be on the internet (at times not) and everything freezes . I press ctrl alt Del and see that Explorer [not responding] . This happens everytime i use my pc . It is at the stage when my PC has to be unplugged and cant go anymore . Does anybody know what this can be ? ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You need to provide more details - What operating system and hardware you have, and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Boot to safe mode Run msconfig and disable some of the startup items, If that dosent fix it...

Boot in safe mode and runs System Information, under tools there is a system files checker, run a scan and it will detect corrupt files or whatever or....

Restore Explorer.exe from the win98 cab files as it could be corrupt

or...

reinstall windows, from the cd

Or if all that fails....

Put in your boot floppy disk restart the comp wait for it to load and type format c: and press y

reinstall windows on a blank Hdisk, its a last resort but usually fixes everything

Advertisement