Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rocky Horror Picture show & a confession

Options
  • 07-11-2002 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Delighted to hear that This is still running. Has anyone attended and has anyone got any funny stories about it?

I remember the actress that played Janet wasn't around one of the nights I was there and I got to be one of the first and possibly only male Janets in the runing of the place due to my lovely long hair. High heels were the worst part...

I do not usually like dressing in womens clothes. It was a special ocasion. I swear...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I'm always getting asked to go since 2 of my best friends play Magenta & Columbia but for some cruel reason, something always comes up.

But if I get to see men in heels.. then I spose I could go anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

I have always wanted to go to that and i hear its the 30th anniversary comin up soon(or else i have missed it) and there is (was) to be lots of showings in town but i dont know.....

It is on in Harolds Cross but Drowner warned me not to go cause it a pretty dangerous place or something to that effect!

If anybody knows when or where it is on please inform me!

Than k u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Its a bit of fun. Don't go alone or you'll look really sad though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

its on every friday at 11 o clock in the classic theatre.

its not too dangerous from what ive heard but people almost expect you to take part in it;so dont go if you nopt in the mood to be groped during the time warp!

you put your hands on your *insert crowd line*TITS!
    and ....

i'm going this friday.

tom you'd be a lovely janet... i' make a lovely rocky;my muscles work perfectly for the role ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I was at it a few years ago and it was damn good fun! Rapture Queen it is indeed on in the Classic in Harold's X and it's well worth the visit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

What has drowner been hiding from me from all this time?

Do i kill her now or wit till she least expects it?

O by the way do u have to know all the dialogue etc(for participation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

You'd have to be fairly familiar with the film I reckon but everyone gets up to do the Time Warp! It's a really good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

I'm sold...
    What's all this danger mlarky? Hrolds Cross is not Dangerous... nor is Terrenure. The classic may be a bit dank... but it's got a genuine feel to it.

This is what my oul fella means when he talks about how they all used to go to see Cowboys and Indians in the Cinema.

The Rocky horror picture show would be fun to see. 30 Years...
    Fuque me.

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

the rocky horror show is class...

i could never really watch spin city as a result...

although meatloaf will always be the man...!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hmmmmmm
    i LIVE around the corner from it
    i used to go every week
    i *know* stuff abut it

my embarassing story is i went out with the guy who played the guy in wheelchair....mirrorball paddy from phantom years ago

i also had my first joint there....and burnt a hole in my trousers....its *still* there....

i left coz slowly but surely, all the 'alternative crowd' petered out and a whole new crowd full of scangers snorting coke etc sat up the back and started fights. I kid u not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Let me take you on a very strange journey............

I strongly recommend going to Rosies and getting plastered before you go. Don't forget your rubber glove, water pistol, newspaper, toast etc....

"Thank you for your Horse Brutality"

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

aaah, the memories.......

haven't been in yeeeears! i had my 18th birthday there- one of the best nights out i've ever had, and one of the first times i was *truly* locked!

rosie o'grady's, rice, toast, water pistols, dancing like a mental case with seriously drunken friends.. gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside, dunnit?? must go again sometime soon!

....trails off wistfully.......

p.s. re: the dangerousness of the area, i've never had a problem, but a mate of mine did tell me about this one time (at band camp, one assumes) that she and her friend were hopped on waiting outside for a cab, but i think that was probably the kind of scangers the drowner was describing!

in no means am i trying to say harolds cross is a bad area its not

but the back rows of the classic cinema at 11.29 (or whatever time it starts at) are.....

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

back rows? who ever sits in the back row? come on down the front and join in with everyone- its much more fun that way!

i'd much rather make an ass of myself dancing like a tool than have to breathe second hand hash smoke and shield my eyes from the two people shagging in the corner!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

rocky horror was cool

\though the cast there is more obsessive than people in the mad house(and i should know cos i've gone in twice to mad houses!)

but the crowd - was low- but no angst or bad jive.

all love.

pissed that i missed oz.

i ended up having a lunch date running later than i planned.
    pants

we should all organise to meet in the classic sometime.

2 weeks time all interested parties could go.

i'm a sluttier version of Riff-Raff!

drowner would have to bring a date to fend off dr.(von)scott!

does anyone ever read my posts properly??????
    *scream*

EVER???????

anyway, gar ptc when was the last time u were at it? i was 16 the last time i was at it and im 20 now, so its probably changed a lot since then but back then it was full of scumbags. and super freaks who knew every single bloody word to the thing, and more

then it became trendy for the scangers in my class to go to the rocky horror
    i've seen a photo of 2 ppl shagging behind one of the curtains, and also a pictrue of someone peeing behind one of the curtains...

no need to worry about dr von scott lusting after me!i actually ran into him last week...weird.

Advertisement