Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog person or Cat person?

Options
  • 07-11-2002 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Which do you prefer?

Dogs meself.

PS. Dont moan that theres no other pets here. If you feel the need to own 15 slamanders, accept that your in the minority. This is just out of interest between the main two pets. Start another thread for the fish, hamster and "im a goth, therefore i must have a tarantula" lovers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

wouldnt goths have one of cerebrus's puppies? 3 heads, a lizard for tail and generally quite scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Dogs as well.

Got a golden labrodor back with the crinklies, although he is the most stupid animal ever to grace the face of the earth.
    When you feed him he stares at the bowl quizzically for a moment trying to work out what to do. Same pause when he needs to take a leak.

In the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson:

"Pet the cat? Whats the point?"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Dogs. Although kittencake is much better.

Hug a dog and they love it, hug a cat and you could get sliced up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I've always been a dog person, while the g/f has been a cat person (despite being hyper allergic to them). Rather cliché really.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Definately a dog person.
    Dogs are more loyal where as cats will go to whoever feeds them no matter how long you`ve had them for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Dogs.
    I don't really like cats at all, and they dont seem to like me either. I've had plenty of scratches from the little ****s.
    Also, dogs are more of a pet. You can walk them and play with, where a cat usually justs ****s off by itself and doesnt want to know you unless it's hungry or wants to get into the house or something.
    There was only one cat I ever liked, and the only reason I liked it was because it was a loyal as a dog.
    Also cat piss stinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dogs are big, dumb, slobbery, clingy animals that you have to do everything for ( or was that men ! )

Cats are more independant, but they kown who loves them and
    they give as much affection as a dog if you deserve it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Cats !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

i like both ! altough only have a cat. shes lazy, so I use one of those little mini radio control cars - the rea tiny ones - to give her exercise.

girlfriend wants a NEWF dog !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Cats. I find dogs to be cute, energetic, but often so so dumb. They'll also eat till they get sick. That's not normal.

Cats can live happily taking care of themselves. There is also nother cuter than sitting at the PC typing away, and having your cat come along and fall asleep on your arm for no reason.

Plus dogs just smell really bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I like both more or less the same :D

i have at the moment 2 dogs, Jessie, a black labrador/collie x ( i think!) who i have 19 months, she is still a puppy at heart, loves football and leg humping, Sid, who is a Jack Russell x who turned up one day on the door step and never left.. He loves patrolling and hates horses, he cries when he hears hooves!

I also have an epileptic cat, Poppy who is about 19 years old! and she is very sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I "heart" pussycore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I love them both. I have a dog, no cats right now but I'd have both if my mother didn't protest about the state of her garden!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Im perfer dogs... i dont dislike cats, just would not be my first choice for a pet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Cats, definately.
    Cats can live happily taking care of themselves. There is also nother cuter than sitting at the PC typing away, and having your cat come along and fall asleep on your arm for no reason.

I agree. My cat follows me around the house all the time when I'm home now, when I sit down she jumps up unto my knee, when I lie down she lies beside me, and when I'm walking she's rubbing around my ankles. She always did this but now that I'm only home once every few months she just does it a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Hmm, like both equally.

Gotta say though that cats just like to think they're superior, but give then a good scritch behind the ear and they're putty in your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Like most others i dislike cats because they're much too independent and i get the idea that they think they're smarter than you aswell.
    Dogs on the other hand need you to take care of them, offering unconditional loyalty in return.

i maded this in respect for my dog
    Cocker Spaniel she is.

so i was in a childish mood, whats it too ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Cats.

I have five of them, in my mother's house. In my life I've had something like nine or ten cats. People who hate cats, have obviously never really tried to get to know one.

People accuse cats of being sneaky. Yeah umm, they hunt by stealth (sometimes), that doesn't make cats sneaky, it makes cats efficient hunters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Also I think Panda and Borzoi are (like lots of people who seem to dislike cats) actually anthropomorphising the cat and sticking thoughts into the cats head that don't really exist or that the cat isn't really capable of.

If they seem superior it's because they are hunters and view the world from a standpoint of hunters, whilst humans being omnivorous have a slightly less combative view of the world, intrinsically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Typedef

If they seem superior it's because they are hunters and view the world from a standpoint of hunters, whilst humans being omnivorous have a slightly less combative view of the world, intrinsically.

Or theyre simply disloyal grumpy little gits :)

(Had a few cats over the years, a few friendly, a few balls of lethal claws. All of them little bollixes who would think nothing of disapearing for 3 days before coming back, peeing on your coat and sitting on your face to wake you up)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Always been cats in my house. never had a dog as far as I can remember. I've grown to like cats. They can be such pets, always looking for attention.

And, unlike dogs they ain't dumb. They can also fend for themselves, and they don't smell bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

dog person. they're far more affectionate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

decent / large sized dogs, i dislike the small rat like dogs.

oh and see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35650 for the results of a poll on the subject :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Dogs all the way.

Cats freak me out. There eviiillll!!!!!

--
    The only felines I like are of the homosapian variety :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Cats mainly because they are more independant than dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Never had a dog, always cats, so it goes without saying I'm a cat person. I like bigger dogs, but the little bastards annoy the ****e out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

cat person, although i love both

my cats even knows their own names.

although koneko, my cats also eat till they get sick. but when they vomit (and other things theyre not supposed to do) they always do it in places where instead of etting angry at them, you have to laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

can't really make up my mind on this one...

my affections are split pretty much 50/50

(but i do find myself missing my pooch more than my cats when i'm away from home)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Dogs rule man

Cats are the spawn of satan!!

Advertisement