Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about "Dune"

Options
  • 07-11-2002 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I know this seems odd. I watched the new re-make of "Dune" a week ago, Cathal was staying with me, he told me how good it was, and then we say it in the video shop, anyway I have a few questions:

1. What exactly is the Weirding way? Does it make you super fast or does it make everyone else super slow.

2. Is the Baron gay?

3. What colour is the spice?

4. If the worms are a mile long, and if they are so thick, how can a normal sized person seemingly jump onto one.

5. Do the Fremen eat the spice. If so, why don't they go all weird, like the Navigators.

6. Did Leto know he was going to die.

7. Why did they kill Paul's son

8. Did paul marry the Princess in the end.

9. Why does everyone use knives.

10. Do stillsuits turn your solid waste into food.

11. What happened to Doctor Keiss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

It was the olden days.

Nih... i'm sure that if you merely browsed the sci-fi forum you'd get all the answers you're looking for (nerds are a strange bunch...).

Anyway, I'm sure that this thread will lead to all sorts of spam and junk so let's start by saying: DON'T. If you don't have a semi-constructive point to make (and in this one case insulting jack doesn't count) then don't post. Cause everyone'll just end up bitching in a silly attempt to look mature and giving a damn etc.

^^^^ my semi-constructive points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Originally posted by Bazookatone

4. If the worms are a mile long, and if they are so thick, how can a normal sized person seemingly jump onto one.

5. Do the Fremen eat the spice. If so, why don't they go all weird, like the Navigators.

10. Do stillsuits turn your solid waste into food.

4) FREMEN can. And they have to train themselves

5) Yeah, hence the blue eyes. It trips them out..

10) That...I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Actually, to be completely honest, I don't care about Dune. I just wanted to stimulate conversation a little, and since people seem to know lots about this movie ( in the words of Carl Carlson of "The Simpsons" : "Jeez, they ain't winnin' me oveh-eeeh with dese cheesy production values" I mean, it was a screen, the desert behind them was a blooming screen with some desert image printed on it, it was sooo obvious, saying that however, the excellent use of CGI during the end battle was impressive so I'll forgive them, and there WAS full frontal nudity, which I always appreciate)

Anyway, I just couldn't think of anything better to post a topic on. But seriously, is the Baron Gay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Has anyone played Emperor-Battle for Dune? Great game, though it could have used FMVs with full frontal nudity

• Advertisement
Advertisement