Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misbehaving Monitor

• 07-11-2002 11:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have a Phillips 201b 21" CRT monitor.
    Its been working fine for years, I'd guess 5 or 6 years.
    Now after around 30 minutes use the image starts to move up the screen leaving a blank band of around 1.5" at the bottom of the screen. Using the monitor settings to readjust the vertical image downwards (by a varying percentage) will move the picture back down again (unless you have done it a few times and are already at 0% in which case you have to make the picture smaller).
    I've tried all possible settings, different graphics cards, and even a different computer using this as a second monitor on a DVI convertor- it acts exactly the same.

I'm thinking it could be overheating- but would like to hear anyone's suggestions.

Guys?

Advertisement