Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlenet

Options
  • 03-03-1999 2:31pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

So yeah. Is Battlenet any good, or should I stay on my nice friendly LAN?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

While I've never played starcraft over Battlenet, I used to play a lot of diablo, and I never found any problems, nice stable connects where the order of the day. One interesting feature of it was that games where graded, so that as you ( or in the case of diablo your character ) improved, you didnt get offered newbie games, and only got to play ppl as experienced as you or a bit above. well it was true of diablo.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I find battle.net great to play on, and I dont think it needs a low ping connection at all. Bewarned tho, B.N is full of *******s, disconnectors, hack/cheaters but also some ninja players.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

Having QA'd Starcraft on LAN and BN, Blizzard have to really keep on top of the Hacking situaion.It got really out of hand in the Diablo BN version. I havent played on BN in a while but I'm sure its pretty tight now

Advertisement