Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King or McDonalds

• 08-11-2002 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

i used to be a McDonalds man, but ever since i tryed a bk a bit back ive never went back, so much more satisfying than the rubber burgers you get outta maccy d's.

And go XL and they actually mean xl, not like mc d's :p

was full for about 3 days after me xl bacon double cheeseburger meal :)

so what about you?

do you prefer the slap up meal thats so satisfying that is bk.

Or Maccy d's where you get rubber burgers :rolleyes:

Maccy D's Or BK ? 89 votes

Burger King
    0% 0 votes
    McDonalds
    100% 89 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well, BK bean burgers are nyom, but McD's have better fries and milkshakes.

Although i'm trying to give up that kind of junk in favour of Subway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

They are both fuking horrible, serving nothing but warmed up slime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

BK.

Double Bacon n CheeseBurger all the way!:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bk all the way!

Whopper with bacon and cheese and no onions. Om Nyom.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Burger King! so much better than McDonalds imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Subway looks dodgy as ****, nice rolls but food poisoning shouldnt be far behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I generally go for McDonalds if I am getting fast food. Its terrible MUCK, but when your hungry your not gonna care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Isnt it funny in these internet srveys that everybody always says Burger King but out there in the real world most people eat in McDonalds?
    It can depend on the mood I am in on that particular day but generally I would eat more in McDonalds.But I would eat in Burger King a good bit when I am in town-seeing as McDonalds is only up the road and i eat there regularly I sometimes fancy the change.
    My favourites in Mc Ds are the Big Macs and the fish filets.I usually have the whopper junior cheeseburgers in BK(find the big whopper too big sometimes)
    I also love KFC:)

BTW did anybody ever eat those hot dogs they used to do in McDonalds in Norn Iron?They were really good tasting-too bad it was only out for a limited period.Id love if they were brought in here permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by chernobyl
    They are both fuking horrible, serving nothing but warmed up slime.

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the're both crap but I'd prefer eating the crap that makes you not want to eat more by filling you up(xl bacon double cheeseburger mmmmmmmm) rather than tasting like it was rubbed on the floor of the mens public toilets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I prefer the burgers in BK, but the fries in McDs. Also those breakfast sausage muffin things... mmm..

But clearly this means I'm a bad and evil person, who should be punished immediately by years of eating organic tofu whilst being beaten over the head with a copy of Fastfood Nation.

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Buggy King all the way.

The XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger is uber nyom when you take the crappy bacon off and are left with the taste of it :]

Chip Butty's from Iskanders (I think) are the most disgusting things ever when you think about it, but the best thing ever when youre on your way home from a night out :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

BK.

Chicken ROYALE WITH CHEESE.

nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

BK chicken royale with just mayo or 12 chicken mcnuggets with bbq sauce. Either way really :r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Dissenting voice - McDonalds. Some of the stuff isn't as nice admittedly, but McDs has consistency going for them - if you buy a quarter pounder with cheese, it'll taste the same and won't make you ill no matter where you buy it. BK is hugely variable, and frankly when I'm stood in a railway station with five minutes to catch a train and I haven't eaten in six hours, the last thing I need is a manky undercooked burger...

(I've also found that a lot of BK outlets use some kind of cleaning fluid which gives a VERY strong flavour/odour to food that comes in contact with it, which is deeply unpleasant.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Shouldn't 'ones own excrement' be a valid 3rd option?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

McDonalds.

They are both horrible. The only thing i'd usually ever get in there are burgers. The €1 burgers in McD are alright for a snack, I wouldn't want to spend any more money in either than a euro.

BK burgers are extremely variable as Shinji said. Also, a couple of years back i got food poisoning from a BK burger and ended up throwing up into the liffey. That put me off them a TADGE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Dr_Teeth
    I prefer the burgers in BK, but the fries in McDs.

Ditto. But I only ever go to either when I'm in Dublin - only because I'm always in a hurry when I'm there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

BK wins hands down...Bacon double cheese burgers HMmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Isnt it funny in these internet srveys that everybody always says Burger King but out there in the real world most people eat in McDonalds?

Probably because there are more McDonalds.
    I mean, if I'm lazy and want fast food, I can go to McD's which is down the road or go into town for BK. Now like I said, being lazy McD's is what I will choose.
    BK is nicer though, but as already said McD's have nicer chips. In fact the BK chips are pretty nasty.
    Oh and the other day I wasnt paying attention and when I asked for an XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger meal I was asked if I wanted supersize, so I just said yeah (forgetting it was Bk not McDonalds.) Anyway, I dont think it is phyisically possible to eat a supersize xl bacon double cheeseburger meal.

I have pretty much given up eating in both, to save my money and my body. It's ok once in a while but the food is **** tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i really am not fussy about what/where i eat.....
    but i find the food from MickeyD's to be very fattening (used to work in an outlet)

saying that i cant pass a Harry Ramsdens with out stopping for some fish and chips.....if you havent expiernced it yet..go now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Neither.

I hate both places, ostensibly since I had occasion to work in both and observed the standard of hygiene in both and umm after witnessing the hygiene standards in both chains in question, I think it'd be safer and probably more healthy to eat roadkill from O'Connell's street, directly from the tar, with a knife and fork you found under a crisp wrapper in some random lane around the city.
    /whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

the hygenie is dependant on the outlet in question!

I have worked in a busy hotel bar for 3 years, and i used to say that we did a pretty good job on keeping the place in great nick but when i went to work in McD's , the paticular outlet in question was well manned and was kept spotless...(sweep & mop kitchen/dining every hour)...and when serving was finished the whole place was "lifted"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Shouldn't 'ones own excrement' be a valid 3rd option?

Eating at Mc D's is roughly equivalent to eating 'somebody else's excrement' so the third option probably isn't required ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

We've no f*ckin choice in Galway as it's either Supermacs or mcdonalds.

rather than tasting like it was rubbed on the floor of the mens public toilets.

ROFL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

It has to be McDonalds clearly, with Double cheese burger with cheese and then get a Large Chip with Coke... Ummmm :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

DEFINATE BK, WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT THE BURGER IS THE MAIN CONTENT OF THE MEAL, GENERALY YOUR MEMORY OF YOUR FAST FOOD CUISINE IS GOING TO BE THE BURGER, AND THATS WHERE BK TRIUMPH. AT THE SAME TIME BKS QUALITY HAS GONE WAY DOWN OVER THE YEARS, BURGERS DONT TASTE AS GOOD AS THEY DID YEARS AGO. OR MAYBE ITS JUST MY MIND PLAYING GAMES.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

BK

Beanburger is top notch. Despite what a lot seem to be saying I prefer BK chips(who calls them fries??) to McDonalds. Although McDonalds shakes are the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by comet
    prefer BK chips(who calls them fries??) to McDonalds.

Both companies in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

true, but mackers do make nicer choco milk and great breakie`s, but then BK do have great dino shaped chicken nuggest in the kids meal. Its a hard one to call for me but i would normally opt for BK!

Advertisement