Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas always comes Earlier

Options
  • 08-11-2002 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Is hearing a Christmas song outside BT's this morning a new record for an early start.

I think an offical date should be set when decorations should be set up and the commericalisim which has destroyed christmas should offically begin, how about 25 days before.

Are Phantomfm going to do a christmas Jingle.

Any ideas.

"Deck the airwaves with sounds from Phantom
    la la la la lah lah lha lah."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

nah, im sure ive heard worse
    im sure chirstmas shops have christmas music playing
    not long before clery's start pumping it out then either
    *yay*
    47 days to go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 brazzo

Christmas is cool, I love all the music and the decorations, it's never too soon for Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

Now dont get me wrong I love seeing the lights on late night shopping thursday down grafton street but I think an set period would put more passion and a hurry into. Get the hype going.

All Christmas is now is going from one friends christmas party to the next. I propose we bring back Santa, i havent seen him in my house since i was about 10, well I never saw him.

That guy made christmas, been a kid was always the best part.

And remeber they used to always show Superman around Christmas and Star Wars on the TV that rocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i dunno but am i the only one who expects to see easter eggs in shops anytime soon?

i think were doing well, i mean theres 46 days to go and theres decorations up in the shops....i half expected them to start mid september to be honest

and maybe it'll encourage me to get my shopping done earlier and not leave it till last minute
    and its getting darker
    and its nice

*o holy night the stars are brightly shiiiiiining*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I was in WOODIES in Lucan 2 weeks ago,and the had bloody jingle bells playing.......oh how I laughed:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

These days kids stop believing in Santa even younger and eventually no-one will beleve in him and Christmas will just be gone completely. The magic of Christmas kinda disappears when u don't have Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

hmm, well, i found out about santa when i was 9...im 15 now and he still visits, but yeh,the magics gone..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!! Thats pretty much how I feel about it..I have to work in a department store where they have already started playing the christmas music... and its not even stuff you could sing along to!! Its christmas MUZAK for gods sake!!! And the music pumping out all along henry st. does not put me in the mood of good will...it makes me wanna kill those idiots that walk down the street as if they were on a stroll in the park!! MOVE IT!!! God I hate christmas. Maybe ill start hibernating....

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

christmas ended for me last year, when i had to wrap all my own presnet s up cause i'm good at wrapping presents with bow's & stuff and my mom got me to do them all. including my stocking presents which is the funnest part!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Any of you rember that line in Mallrats? When one of the characters assumes the stage being built is for the Easter Bunny, and Brody replies that the Easter Bunny emplacement had been up since two days after Christmas? Classic. If you really want to enjoy Christmas, buy really imaginative presents, and get everyone around you to do the same. The surprise is most of the 'magic.'

awww...i love hearing the chirstmas music

remember kids...only 39 days left :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I used to work in a Cash and Carry. Christmas decorations n stuff went on sale in the middle of July... and came back off the shelves at the end of February...
    I hated Christmas when I worked there... Thank God I left :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

xmas is too early advertised for definite i mean most people end up doing their shopping in the last couple of weeks anyway so whats the point......

i suppose i can see how people get annoyed when christmas starts really early, it should be special. But it just has a nice feeling. I still love watching Santa Clause the movie every year!
    Jenny

have to admit charlie and the chocolate factory and the land before time do it for me every year..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

i love the music in that film,

umtpy dumpty dippy de do.......

And the other one Willy Wonka sings beside the choclate lake, brilliant melody in it. Is it out on DVD yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

just on the ol' maybe you'll get yer stuff early...thewre's no way you will katy

that never happens...

i work in a n offo and xmas eve is the biggets day of the year...we try to do the whole buy early get freebies and **** just to try and control the stock and queus and stuff on xmas eve...but ppl always, ALWAYS, leave til the last second

true polar i always end up getting my drink on xmas eve dunno y just can't help it

no really, i am actually going to do my shopping earlier
    im gonna go into town this saturday and start it
    i know what im getting at least 1 person
    *go me*

• Advertisement

well done drowner i am proud of u

and now i HAVE to to prove a point, dont i
    yay mick, for myking me take incentive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly