Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-Stream offline in Tallaght?

Options
  • 08-11-2002 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Our i-Stream solo connection seems to have gone offline. Am just off the Greenhills Road in Tallaght. Happened around 1/2 an hour ago as far as I know. (Had to dial up to post this... yeuch! ;) )

Has anyone else's connecton died just like that this evening?

Doesn't bother me too much as I'm going home shortly and off out to the pub but am currently waiting on an i-Stream support bod to phone me back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

No problems here (Crown Alley exchange) at that time, but there have been outages. One on October 22nd, it was out between 2am and 8am. The DSL link was fine, but there was no response to PPPoE negotiation. Someone obviously kicked something into workingness when they arrived for work at 8am.

Also last night, around 3:15am on the 8th, the link seemed to die but restarting pppd sorted it out. Not sure what was happening there, might have been some failure on my end - the LCP echo-requests packets suddenly got no response. pppd automatically tried to reconnect but kept getting IPCP: timeout sending Config-Requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It came back a while after my post. Was down for almost an hour.

Advertisement