Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl to launch digital on MMDS

• 08-11-2002 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

More TV related - please feel free to move.

ntl has guaranteed to Telecoms Regulator Etain Doyle that ninety-five percent of homes covered by ntl’s MMDS licensed systems in Dublin, Waterford and Galway will be capable of receiving a digital service by 1 June 2003. If these services are not available by this date, ntl has guaranteed that a bond of €100,000 will become payable to the Regulator

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i have absolutly no idea whether this is good news or not (i assume it is), maybe you guys here can get excited about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

i feel excitement in my pants, €100,000 is nothing to ntl so i guess we could see them paying the money to the regulator come 2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

that paying €100k for doing feck all is better value than paying €100k for upgrading 50% of them.

has she agreed a rollout schedule?

where is it, its not on the ODTR website

She does say in the press release.....
    If not achieved, the consumers will be entitled to compensation from ntl

Oh , and Wassup ?

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They'll hold off in hope of either getting good price for all of NTL Ireland or good price for MMDS.
    They'll get too far behind
    And pay fine becuase it much cheaper than doing the work.

A prospect of 2M fine might shift them :D

Advertisement