Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Shots

• 05-03-1999 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

go to http://www.compulink.co.uk/~champman/cm3/cm3_0105.htm for all the offical screen shots of the game.

Some of the new sections look a bit worrying, the whole chairman side, sponsorship and so on.
    But on the other hand the way transfers are being done is coool, for ppl like me who are into guiding the torquays of the world to european glory, paying over time is much better than all at once.

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 05-03-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

So how exactly does this game work then

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Woah there boy. How exactly does this game work? Now there's a big question. Well take Championship Manager as it originally appeared way back when (dates become a blur).
    The Collier bro's decided to make a football management game without the match highlights that had been so badly done in other games. Just the now famous commentary, headlines flashing up to announce major events in the game. Both this technique (which some laughed at) and the devotion to statistics and accuracy were what, to me, what made the game great.
    Championship Manager 2 was a very big step forward in the game engine allowing a myriad of information to be processed. And, the biggie at the time - International Management a possibility should you succeed at club level.
    Championship Manager 97/98 tied in the various Euro League versions they had released and allowed you to play up to 3 European Leagues at one time (more processor churning but great anyway).
    The next time I sit down I'll explain what makes the game so great (in my mind) but for now in case you haven't figured it out the answer to your question is - it's an incredibly realistic and detailed fottie management sim (without the crappy finacial side of improving your ground etc. that made Premier Manager ****e).

M

Advertisement