Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

map making

• 04-03-1999 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I really like the map editor that comes with this game. (It was the first thing I looked at).

One question though.

Is there a way of placing completely neutral (and agressive) units on the map that will be activated by a trigger. I know you can choose any one of eight sides for the units but this won't work if the game is an eight player.

Also, if the units are AI controlled (and neutral until discovered) how do you stop the AI from wandering with them before they are triggered? Will they head off and attack before a player (or AI) finds them? Will they stay put? Can you set the trigger to be activated by ground units only? (or by air units if they attack?).

I looked at the help file but I didn't have time to sit down and study it yet. If this info is in there, you can just tell me what topic it is under rather than letting me off being a lazy *******!

I have a few ideas for maps and this trigger question is something that, while not absolutely necessary, would round it off nicely. (of course I have other ideas that don't use triggers at all...)

Oh yeah, where do you get the little stairs and ramps that lead onto the upper levels? I can't seem to be able to find them in the brush palette.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Nearly forgot.

Can you edit the brushes or introduce new ones?

What software would be best for this (PSP, or would Paint be enough?)

Has anyone edited the brushes yet?

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

As for generally nasty attacking dudes,
    it doesn't really work in multi-player. We tried it during the Beta-testing but It works better in single player both as an Idea and for gameplay reasons I think.The Funniest map I saw was one that a QA guy did,
    He took the WAV file from Carmageddon that says "OH S**T" and set it to trigger if anybody went throught the middle of the map.
    And I dont think they will attack if you set them to trigger, they should just sit still

As far as I am aware, the only way to introduce new brushes is to resource edit the map editor, but you would have to edit the game EXE too. However I could be compleatly wrong and probably am smile.gif

Advertisement