Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Moore+metallica

• 08-11-2002 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Does anyone know is Gary Moore coming anywhere in ireland in the forseable future, he is doing a tour in england at the moment. Also does anyone have any word on Metallica, if they are preforming in ireland any time soon.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

I don't know about Gary Moore, but Metallica are finishing off an album to be released early next year with a tour to follow. Presumably they'll tour America first so they'll probobly get to Europe, and hopefully Ireland, late next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

I'll never go to a Metallica gig or buy a metallica album ever again after what Lars did to napster, however i will copy and distribute any metallica albums, videos or anything else i can get my hands on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, how dare he try to put a stop to people exploiting him!

I'm sorry, but rich people are people too. Napster amounted to nothing more than stealing and Lars - and the many other musicians, for he wasn't alone in his views, just the most vocal - was perfectly correct to do what he did.

As for the argument that "Oh but it introduces me to music I wouldn't have otherwise found!" or "But I wasn't going to buy them anyway!" or "I was just trying before I bought!", well - I heard of this new invention that delivers a huge variety of music - new, old, popular, obscure - directly to you. It's called radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

On a(nother) note about Metallica and Napster, I should like to point out something .....

Metallica originally approached Napster and asked them to just stop sharing 'their' material (ie. stick in a filter to the software/server-side)

Napster promptly told them to f**k off. So napster are not the stoic little angels that you think they were Pep.

I would agree however that Metallica should not have allowed themselves be played like a piano by the RIAA and could have dealt with it a little better I think.

Still gonna go see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    well - I heard of this new invention that delivers a huge variety of music - new, old, popular, obscure - directly to you. It's called radio.

And since when has there ever been good music on the radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Funny you say that, I'm listening to The Frames on it right now.

Advertisement