Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phoned me at home to ask if I was happy with UTV!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sounds like many Eircom representatives are hanging up on people, this true?

I have noticed quite a lot of people saying this. For a while I thought it was just exaggeration, but the amount of people saying it is surprising. Be interesting to do a poll, although I guess everyone would just say that they did for spite.

Bizarre isn't it? One company realises the power of customer interaction and tugs a rake of business away from another company. The other company's customer service gets worse. Just how stupid are these people?

I can even hear their internal response now: It's not worth it; we've run it this way for years; it costs too much; even in light of the evidence. What I wouldn't give to meet the people who suggest and implement these ideas.

Would I have to bring my own straitjacket ya think?

adam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I get the impression that €ircon are making so much money from ripping us off that they couldn't care less about whether we are happy with them or not. They have no intention of facilitating Flate Rate Access so there's gonna be all sorts of delays. If this was any other country there is no way the people would have let it get this bad. There is way too much Apathy in Ireland and it's our biggest downfall. The likes of €ircon are thriving on Irish Apathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Originally posted by daveirl
    I love that!

JERRY: Uh, sorry, Excuse me one second. Hello.

TEL: Hi, would you be interested in switching over to TMI long distance service.

JERRY: Oh, gee, I can't talk right now. Why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later.

TEL: Uh, I'm sorry we're not allowed to do that.

JERRY: Oh, I guess you don't want people calling you at home.

TEL: No.

JERRY: Well now you know how I feel. [Hangs up]

NTL rang me and when I told them there were no bill payers in the house at the moment the guy gave me a mobile number to call him back!!

Recon he wanted to sell me the digital package and he wanted commishion.

Advertisement