Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujitsu Siemens bios

• 08-11-2002 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Liteline LFL laptop (amd K6-2 475MHz). I'm looking for a bios update for it, as I cannot find one no matter how much I google for it :) Their website is a dead loss, with no bios updates on it - just saying to call tech support ... between 9 and 5, monday to friday. Fu<k that.

This is why I think I need the bios update:
    The system has two PC100 SO-DIMMS installed - one 64mb one and one 128mb one, but the machine is only seeing 128mb of ram in total. I've tried running it with just one dimm at a time, and when the 128mb one is in by itself, the bios/windows says only 64mb of ram is installed - even though 128 is actually stamped on the bloody dimm!

I've also tried running both windows 2000 and XP on it - both report 128mb of ram.

Does anyone know:
    a) where to get a bios update
    b) how otherwise to fix the problem

btw, fujitsu siemens specs for this laptop say it supports a maximum of 256mb of ram - which makes me think there should be no problem running it with two 128's as there's only two slots for the so-dimms.

Bah!

- Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

may work here

another site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

If you go to the Board manufacturer's site with board type and vesion you should get a bios update there, but be careful flashing as flashing tools not always that good

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The problem is that its a laptop - I don't know who actually made the motherboard. The bios itself is from "Insyde Software" - www.insydesw.com - but their website doesn't seem to offer any help. Bugger.

All I do know is that the motherboard uses a VIA chipset. The actual model name of the laptop is "Liteline Plus 424A".

Advertisement