Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poetry Board suggestion

• 09-11-2002 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

Maybe this has been suggested before and turned down, I don't know...but..
    As we seen from the Literature board quite a while ago, there seems to be quite a few budding Boards poets out there and I think a Poetry Board on its own would be a very suitable way for them to get their poetry out there and heard by the other readers.
    I know it's a form of literature and perhaps 'should' be on the Literature Board but, if there was a seperate Poetry Board then I think that readers would feel more inclinded to post up their poems and make them viewable for all to see.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Not enough traffic
    To need a poetry board
    Maybe in future

An Author board may
    Be a better idea
    Where works get published

The haiku voodoo what you don't dare do people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't see that many
    poems on the boards.
    I don't think that pennies
    make big waves in a fjord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

have you seen this thread? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56585

it's full of poems but it got to confusing to comment on poems 'cause they wree all on top of each other and all.

i made a proposal for a board like this a long time ago here is the post. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49755

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think the suggestion was to put Poetry into the Literature forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There isn't really that much of a call for a Poetry board at the moment, those few people who have written have posted them on the Literature board prefixed with Poem : and that seems to have been working alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement