Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday, Voodoo

Options
  • 09-11-2002 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Well hello everybody it has been a while and I come back bringing bad news. Skylight (thats us) played with OZ and breast fed babies on friday the 8 of november. It was a good night all things considered, but those things to be considered are pretty damn big. There was one other band who played that night and they went by the name of The LAST RIGHTS!!!!!! This is a note for anyone in a band who is not them. NEVER LET THEM PLAY AND NEVER PLAY WITH THEM. they are a bunch of assholes who have nothing better to do than damage gear and hearing. I lent my drumkit out to gigsamrt for the night and ( nothing against gigsmart at all) but the drummer from said band (the last rights) destroyed the snare drum skin and the bass player started to play the drum kit aswell, at the beginning and end of the set. I didn't want to stop them from playing so i let them finish but then they kept on going and at that point I had to stop them because there was three people hitting the drum kit including the singer. That is just not on in any way lads. They also damaged OZ's bass amp considerably and took half an hour to sound check then stood there for a good while and then eventually started to play. OZ were ment to headline but because of the last rights they had to nearly go home instead. Bands like that should never be let play ever because it wrecks the night for everybody else. OZ were brilliant and I feel relly sorry for them because they had to wait around for ages and go through the same agonizing 40 minutes as the rest of us and then have to find an engineer to replace the earlier one who hade to leave at half eleven. I must make it clear that i am not having a go at GIGSMART because they had nothing to do with this band. It is not gigsmarts fault in any way, it wad just a big bit of bad luck. Sorry to moan about it but it is just so frustrating to see people that just don't respect the Irish music scene and Irish musicians. Good night all and I hope to see you all soon. www.skylightofficial.com

Advertisement