Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeVore's Devilment (Chilli) :)

• 09-11-2002 1:25pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Firstly I'm no cook. So if I can cook this, anyone can cook this :)

Stuff you need (often called ingredients).
    Mince meat. About two decent packs of it. (.7 - .8 kg)
    Baby sweetcorn chunks.
    Two cans of Kidney beans. If you can get them with chilli sauce, all the better.
    Bag of Cashew nuts
    Chilli powder (one packet)
    Chillis (red by preference)
    2 tins of chopped plum tomatoes
    1 punnet of button mushrooms.
    Tortilla wraps if you are lazy (like me) or rice if you arent :)

Fry the mince and drain all the crap they have put in it to make it weigh more. Add the powder and the recommended amount of water. Stir all the time. (basically you never really stop stirring this dish). When thats made a nice pasty chilli-mince, add the chillis (finely chopped) and the beans. Simmer for as long as you want really. Chilli is great like that, if in doubt, simmer :)
    Finally add the nuts and sweetcorn and some herbs, spices and whatever you think will perk it up. (I like Indian 5-spices)

You can also add banana and apple for a weird twist thats yummy. :)

If you can, cook it the night before and let it sit overnight. Then re-fry it and it tastes delicious!!

If I can cook that anyone can and it only gets one pot dirty :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by DeVore

Mince meat.
    Be sure to use a good quality, firm, pallatable meat when you do so.

(me awaits koneko's lurid response)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Bananas in a chilli..???

Never heard that one before... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't know if I'd eat a chilli with Dev's meat in it... Scary idea.

Read this off the side of a sauce bottle, but it turned out really nice. Grilled chicken, with plum sauce & spring onions. Added some garlic in for flavour. Yum yum. Simple but tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Tuna chilli is the business. Serve with pasta instead of rice. Loverly.

(ta for the recipe Dev - I'll try it before the end of the week and impress hewself with my culinary skills. Last time she was impressed was when my shepherds pie was nicer than hers (internet recipes, hehe))

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I cooked this over the weekend. Adding fresh mushrooms (sliced) bulks it out and they absorb the chilli goodness...

chopped onions and garlic are good too...

Also I now add chopped tomatoes to round it off.

Fresh garlic bread is a must.... mmmm..

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Dev, ns recipe. I have something simular but I add mushrooms, peppers and onions.

The sweetcorn looks interesting though, whats it like in the chilli?

Advertisement