Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now this is just gettin ridiculous

• 04-03-1999 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

What's next a Lesbian Quake forum
    Mind you I would read it all the same smile.gif

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Strange as it may seem, the game has a cult following similar to Quake. Although I don't know how anyone can get fun from watching a flashing bar and the occasional message of "Paddy McGinty just scored a goal".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Championship manager 97/98 sold around 100,000 copies in the UK and Ireland in its first week of release. How many did quake and quake 2 sell (not far off if even as much)

The offical CM fan club "techcities" has 2 full time staff employed and a whole load of other volenteers and tens of thousands of members.

and so on

This board is under the Irish Games Network, now is that IGN or IFPSEUGN (Irish First Person Shoot em Up Games Network) champ man has been around longer than quake and I would be so bold as to say as that more ppl play it world wide (maybe not on the net but they play it)than play quake (ie irish quake community estimated at 300+ *being generous* there have been circa 50,000 - 100,000 copies of champ man sold here over 3 releases (Championship Manager, Championship Manager 2, Championship Manager 97/98)

All I want to do is have a chat about the games I like and related stuff, dont come in here If you dont want.....

Vagga

(Jasus United were brilliant last night, but I remember the good aul days...Jesper Olsen and Greham Hogg.....ahhhhhhhhh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Ok I take your point man, this game obviously just slipped right by me, but I still say it sux smile.gif

So where's the Lesbians

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Oooh, I think we hit a nerve. Actually I know it's more popular then Quake as I've had to watch fellow employees who have had to stay late while thier machine finishes what it's doing... all of them stareing blankly into a screen with occasional scream "Go on Celtic! Give it to them fukers! Noooo!"

I my last job in the US I had a ninja PC so I got my copy mailed to me and I took to staying back. My boss went to fottie games during the WC in 94 but had not been to a game b4 or since and before too long after 6 pm all you herd from our dept were *GO ON MY SON* and my boss going "is ginola worth 5 million?" cooool

Really its the most addictive game ever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The point is that if you don't understand a games appeal then so be it. There's no need to suggest a lesbian forum. But then again smile.gif

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

I think CM rocks
    I got Ireland to win the world cup smile.gif
    Judas
    and besides what else can u play on a 486 thats any good tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

COME ON the women in confortable shoes....!!

http://www.adultcheck.com/gen_links/G4G.html WHAT THE PUBLIC WANTS THE PUBLIC GETS !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I am in agreeance, CM rocks. Any game where I can guide Newcastle United to four Premiership titles, two FA Cups, and a European Cup in seven years, fu[kin rocks, alright??!!!!

Is this fantasy fu[kin football or what smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

ever get into a big talk with another CM freak in real life ? omg they go on for about 2 hours and all u can hear is

weah weah i got 79 assists ion one season for fuk u weha weah i got the reincarnated baggio with 6 goals against man united weah

then everyone else around u walks off and then u realise it when u stop shouting all these stupid facts out loud

the game fuks u up but i LOVE it smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

hhhahahhahhhahhaa a CM board what next Lesbian Quake... errr someone already said that, ahh well back to the drwing board.

Here can I have a Football Manager board for my Speccy emulation S/W now there was a game. Errr now I'm showing my age.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Droped into my local games dealer over the weekend and decided to see if they actually stocked anything like this. To my surprise there were about 4 titles of this type, so maybe it's not quite as sad as I thought. Still didn't buy it though smile.gif

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

Advertisement