Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Music Sample to Site

Options
  • 09-11-2002 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

I got some of my own music on cd and want to be able to add it to my site as sound samples - can anyone tell me how to do this or point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if you want it to stream via realplayer firstly bring it into soundforge and then save it as .rm (real media) in 16k high response

next create a new text document and in it type the FULL link of the file where it will be when you have it uploaded to the server (eg http://www.whatever.com/audio/sample1.rm

now rename the text file to "sample.ram" where sample is the file name

upload both files

on the page, link to the .ram file, not the .rm file

then itll stream away. feel free to use higher quality real files, but 16k high response is the best bet for streaming on a 56k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ting

Hi Helix

Thanks for the info.

Is soundforge a package I have to pay for - ive looked it up on the web and its $158? Or is there a free way of putting on a sound sample. I have DW/Fireworks/Flash just in case any of them have the capability of doing it.

Thanks again.

f you had a program called kazaa, and you werent too pushed on certain legalities, and you wanted to perhaps try before purchasing said software (ahem) youll get soundforge 6 on there pretty handy

not that im condoning that sort of thing

ill check if audio files can be compressed in flash in the morning and get back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ting

Thanks a million for your help Helix.

Cheers

no bothers mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I found Flash to be great for putting samples on line.
    I did this a while ago:
    http://www.zoeconway.com/audio.htm

Used cdex to rip from cd to wav. Used a basic free sound editor to trim the samples then imported into flash.

Advertisement