Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite songs of 2002

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Zed
    hello all!

Hope you are all well. Haven't been on the board in a long long time but I was told about this and thought I'd come to Mick's defence.

"bringing the conversation down" was only ever released once. This was....

......... in 2002. The copyright date was 2001 and it was recorded late 2001 as far as I can remember. I was released the same week it was reviewed in Hotpress Magazine.

very entertaining reading. Just when I thought we were forgotten about.

take it easy

gerard

i thought zed was dead baby!!!

pigman...all i have to say is...

neener neener neener

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

oh yeah forgot about foo fighters all my life and nirvana's you know youre right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gonzalez

hey hey, my first encounter with this message board so i'm kinda nervous...where to put my hands....

anywho, i couldn't resist putting forward my own favourites

Irish:

Healthy- Mundy
    To the Bright and Shining Sun- The Walls
    See you Later- La Rocca

Out Foreign:

Sunrise- Pulp (i think this year)
    You were Right- Badly Drawn Buachaill
    The Sulphur Man- Doves (i think so, it was nearly Pounding and Here Comes the Fear)
    60 m.p.h.- New Order
    Green- Alex Lloyd

oh and it shouldn't really count but one song i never heard until this year is Red Army Blues by the Waterboys, for being an epic song i'm gonna chance the derision and put that in 20 years too late....here's to anarchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 butterflywings

for arguement's sake:
    best of irish
    #1:nirvana, smells like teen spirit.
    theyr're from leitrim, right?
    #2:jeff buckley-corpus christy carol
    i think it was him i went 2c in TBMC last week.... can't remember much, anyone else there?
    #3:lynyrd skynyrd, freebird
    this is really nice... i think it's being released soon, won't get much airpley though, wee bit long....

:)

but in all seriousness, best of irish
    #1: headlong-frames *they got in the top 20, woo!
    #2: another year over-turn
    #3: (oooh aaah) the professor -damien rice *it's not on his album dammit!!!!

don't worry, be happy, it's all good music, the crayonz do rock, but seriously, are release dates that much worth argueing over??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

International
    Track 2 of The remote part I will probaly remember the title as soon as i hit post
    First it givith QOTSA
    Dreaming of you the Coral
    Velvetly Frank Black the instrumental version was a pixie b-side but the one with lyric apeared on devils workshop this year
    Black letter day Frank Black from this years black letter days
    Pounding Doves
    That Mcklusky single from earlier in the year which I will also remember when i hit post
    Loads other I will remember later

Irish
    Bloodrush creative controle
    South polar
    Hanging aroung gemma hayes
    Lynchpin Mundy
    How the summer shoud end jet plane landing
    Bringing the conversation down Crayons
    The only thing that eases the pain The last post
    Plus loads others

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

oooh i thought of another one i really like......

a place for everything and everything in its place by the future kings of spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Another 1 I thought of too, but no one knows it but me..

A song my friend wrote for me. I just got it on CD in the post & it's absolutely dazzling. Definately in my top 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Minidee

Irish:
    The only thing that ease the pain- The Last Post
    Polar- South
    Gemma Hayes- Good thing go
    Melaton-Périphéirque
    Turn-In positon

others..
    Electric Soft Parade-Silent to the dark
    Coldplay- The scientist
    Jimmy Eat World-Sweetness
    Idlewild-You held the world in your arms

.... thats all I can think of now:D

Tenacious D -- Tribute when my friend Darren sings it is fast becoming the best song of 2002 for me. It's especially brilliant when he sings it while you're drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gonzalez

Mother of God,
    I'm so drunk I think me head is about to revolve thrice more before finally spinning off and making an awful mess on the carpet that I, especially posthumously, can't clean up. I'm now leaning to the left I'm that drunk. A lot.
    I forgot to mention The Scientist by Coldplay and I want to say that I can't wait for the Bell X1 gig in the Sugar Club.
    What a band...
    If anyone doesn't know the song 'Tongue' I pity them, it will change your life. I am so sorry....for everything I didn't do...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rockchick

I don't know loads about the same kinda music as you guys
    I mostly listen to jazz or old rock but if your lookin for the best indie/rock of the year(not that I consider any of these rock)
    then I'd have to go for:

rodrigo and gabriella's new album
    Coldplay's new album and
    David grays new album
    and as an after thought foo fighters- all my life

I know I listed albums not singles, that's coz I don't have the brain power to remember the names of singles or albums, just artists. And I know I'll get alot of stick for my choise but there you go.:D :cool: :confused::(:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

I'd like to second that nomination for Darren's cover of Tenacious D.

Mindblowing stuff.

;)

Classic stuff. He's a legend, I see..

Get him to sing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life & F**k Her Gently for you too. You'll be in stitches.

just listening to doves-pounding again...what an amazing tune

some more class tunes from 2002

louise byrne - close as i can get

oz - she's my heroine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Ok folks, now is the time to vote for your favourite songs of 2002 on Paul Fields Festive 30. You can e-mail your three favourite songs in order of preference 1, 2 ,3 to top30@phantomfm.com or you can use our handy online form at http://www.phantomfm.com/thisweek/paulfield.htm to vote!

Advertisement