Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knew it would only be a matter of time...

• 09-11-2002 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

..before the new CS admins started abusing their powers!

Why am I banned from the CS board? I asked a simple question about the Irish team. The poll had increased a good bit in favour of one of the admins since I checked it then there was a comment about the choices of the team itself.

It was more of a question but I was banned? Is this what we should expect now from the admins? Ban if someone questions choices they make off boards or dare to question those who admin the boards itself?

In CS this is called admin abuse. Something I might add that the afore mentioned mods have not been adverse to in their time.

Again I point out that I believe choosing them was a bad idea. I believe i've only been proven right. Yet this should be no reason to BAN ME!

Can I ask that the ban be removed please...and that more careful consideration be put into choosing mods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i wish they'd ban me, its not as if anything ever 'happens' on the CS board.

if you'd read the threads ice you'd have seen the reasons for picking TLM, no one else was interested or able to do it, it was a fair enough decision. you waded in with a 'conspiracy' theory, n pissed the mods off, u got banned, live with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by ButcherOfNog
    i wish they'd ban me, its not as if anything ever 'happens' on the CS board.

Then why need new mods in the first place? I read the thread but i've forgotten it tbh. But I thought it was about a choice? And any time i've chosen to question the choice, the thread has been locked or in this case i've been banned.

I think it's a bad state of afairs when this happens. They locked the CS board to keep the muppets out......I think instead they locked em in tbh

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You made a stupid post insinuating -

1) the poll for the captaincy was rigged by us (the cs mods)
    2) the team selection was corrupt
    and finally
    3) that we'd edit your post to stop you from setting your people free.

If i hadn't banned you ltm or shinji would have. All 3 of us agreed on the banning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

We're getting away from the important issues. Like which is better, Quark 3 or UT or CS

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Boston
    We're getting away from the important issues. Like which is better, Quark 3 or UT or CS

I love a game of Quark 3 myself...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

just unban the poor guy ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

he didn't do anything that bad to deserve a banning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Par abuse his power?
    Who would have thought it!

Seriously tho, there's not a day that goes by that I don't get kicked or banned from #fortress.ie for no reason at all. I just get on with it and not kick up a fuss. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by DeVore
    I love a game of Quark 3 myself...

DeV.

Is that a challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

UT2K3 tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

What kaids said. I was actually vaguely surprised that he'd banned you before I saw the post, because I'm a lot more intolerant about that kind of utter bull than Mike usually would be... But as far as I'm concerned his decision was spot on. You waded in to make your usual snide, unfounded and unpleasant insinuations about people actually bothering their behinds to do something, and frankly it's about time your victimisation complex got some real meat to feed it.

I posted questions that were well deserved tbh. If think there's any reason to ban me then I must have hit a sore nerve there.

As for any comment about the irish team selection etc should NOT be a reason to be banned from that board. I have just as much right as everyone there to post my opinion on something. If you don't like the opinion then argue the point with me isntead of banning me. Because tbh that just looks like you CAN'T argue the point. And as of yet Barra gave a point in response to it - but not one of you have. Immediate knee jerk reaction - ban ][cE.

Now is this called for or were you just looking for an excuse to ban me? Because from the 3 names you've given me of all those who agreed to ban me - all 3 have at some point had a problem with me so tbh it wouldn't surprise me if it was personal

Two words: persecution complex.

You're a constant source of moaning, whinging, complaining and attempts to knock down anyone who tries to actually do something constructive. You haven't uncovered the watergate scandal, you've uncovered a deep level of resentment about tossers like yourself who never do a damn thing except complain about those putting their own time and effort into making stuff work.

The answers to your questions had already been posted elsewhere - except of course your patently ridiculous allegation that the poll to select a team captain was "rigged", which didn't even justify a response.

Oh, and the only thing that's "personal" about all this is your decision, YET AGAIN, to lay into the people who actually do stuff for the CS community and then announce melodramatically that they're all out to get you - as if you're worth spending that much time and effort on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

So Shinji this deserves a ban does it? So opinions aren't allowed any more? Cause that's what it sounds like. And if I had a problem with certain people that should be entirely up to me and not a bannable offence. If it were then I know quite a few other people who would have been banned long ago.

Give me one reason not to think this is a personal attack?

The comment in no way constituted a ban. Not even a temp ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Personally i thought the ban was quite harsh.

About the voting, it was closed so quickly, half of us didn't have a chance to vote.

Mike's not willing to do it and to be quite honest Par is the next best person in line(I believe that may have been disucussed in another thread).

Lift the ban, delete this thread and forget it, please.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69351

Hmmm - With a brief scan of the thread, I noticed ][cE saying something about how strange the poll was (Yes, he obviously inclined that something was up) made a rather silly comment about how his post might end up getting edited before anyone else gets to read it, then his thread is followed by a "And now your banned" or some ****e.

To the CS mods - I don't give a flying **** about what happens on the CS board, who goes there, who annoys who or wether you all hate ][cEMAN, but when you ban someone (Even if it's for a collection of things that span out over a load of threads as opposed to just one) it isn't exactly fair going "OEH, YUOR BANNED!" and leaving it at that.

I believe that, regardless of who's the "Victim", they at least deserve a "Right you are banned because [insert reason here]" - At least then everyone will know why he got banned (Including the person in question) and it is less likely to lead into a painfully familiar bull**** thread like this (Which seems to be nothing more than a 'My verbal comments are bigger than yours' pile of frustrating bull****).
    Personally i thought the ban was quite harsh.
    It certainly looked like that to me... But thats just the opinion of one who literally just 'glanced' - I really don't have the time or energy to even bother looking at the thread properly. It's all about team 'omg' and dnc or some crap. CS, pfft :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

or just rename it to the Shinji board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    So Shinji this deserves a ban does it? So opinions aren't allowed any more? Cause that's what it sounds like. And if I had a problem with certain people that should be entirely up to me and not a bannable offence. If it were then I know quite a few other people who would have been banned long ago.

Give me one reason not to think this is a personal attack?

The comment in no way constituted a ban. Not even a temp ban.

SHUT UP.

christ.

i got banned, poor me.
    waa waa waa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

ban casto^H^H^H^H^H Open square bracket close square bracket C. E. Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I'm with you ][ce. Fight the power.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

HELP HELP IM BEING OPPRESSED

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

oppressed. love that word... nearly as much as denigrating. Iceman sure is being denigrated here, ice do you feel oppressed, do you feel as though you have been denigrated.
    hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

WHAT!?

Where's the ownage

c'mon ice sure 3 weeks could go by without reading the cs board, nothing happens anymore :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by TacT
    c'mon ice sure 3 weeks could go by without reading the cs board, nothing happens anymore :D
    I think its the point of it that matters. I think nearly everyone has posted worse then that in their time on the cs board.

Why only a few weeks ago our new respectable admins absolutely trolled the cs boards with absolute shite and wern't banned(afaik). Yet when ][ce posts his opinion on something he gets banned.

Boards aint a democracy but i didn't think it operated double standards

Well, you learn something new every day then, Mr Applepie!

Obviously I can't speak for the admins, but personally, as a CS board moderator, I'll always give a hell of a lot more leeway to someone who has spent the past couple of years devoting his time organising leagues and teams, running websites and generally making a positive contribution to CS, than I will to someone who's spent the past couple of years making life difficult for those who try to make a positive contribution.

Now, can Iceman's Clan VAR teammates please stop posting in defence of their mate and be quiet? This is getting really very boring.

Well Shinji I think helping to keep VAR going for years is a good job in itself. We're now officially the longest standing CS clan in Ireland. My clan mates reply for me because they too are part of the CS community - or do you believe that honour rests with whoever agrees with you and those people alone?!?

You're also forgetting the matter that only certain people have been given enough admin access in order to hold these tournaments etc so even if I had wanted to do so there wouldn't have been much chance of it.

As for not putting my time into anything in the CS community - you don't know sh1t about me and what I do when you're not trolling me on boards tbh so anything you would like to add at this point about what I do or don't do is utter sh1ite. Not only have I put my time and effort into CS but i've also put my time into other games such as DoD which I might add I am part of the irish squad for. I haven't claimed I would have been good enough ever to play for the team but tbh it's only fair to give people a chance to show they can play. Working alone on word of mouth of people leaves out those who haven't been seen, and who haven't been JUDGED by dNC or whoever to be good enough.

To add to the point - it shouldn't fall solely on people who have apparently done so much for the community to have an opinion. Looking through other posts on the CS board (guess what you can look at the board when you're not logged in WHOOPS!!) i've noticed the mods trolling people much more than I have. Infact it wasn't even a troll. It was an opinion, and BARELY an insinuation to a point. Then when someone else mentions the same point they are flamed but not banned? A prime example of double standards - no wait let me rephrase that - NO standards!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Shinji
    Now, can Iceman's Clan VAR teammates please stop posting in defence of their mate and be quiet? This is getting really very boring.
    shinji-bubbles.jpg

Down with opinions! Personally i think any1 who expresses an opinion contrary to shinji and minions should be tortured and then banned!

Idependent thought? heaven forbid:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

in fairness if mods don't like wat someone says, i think there should be fair warning first i.e. stop saying stuff like taht or we ban you, as opposed to "right your banned m8"

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    Well Shinji I think helping to keep VAR going for years is a good job in itself. We're now officially the longest standing CS clan in Ireland. My clan mates reply for me because they too are part of the CS community - or do you believe that honour rests with whoever agrees with you and those people alone?!?

We'll agree to disagree there.
    You're also forgetting the matter that only certain people have been given enough admin access in order to hold these tournaments etc so even if I had wanted to do so there wouldn't have been much chance of it.

Thats funny because i don't recall people such as say... Baz, having any admin access before he decided to do something constructive in the community. Now why don't you have any admin access ?
    As for not putting my time into anything in the CS community - you don't know sh1t about me and what I do when you're not trolling me on boards tbh so anything you would like to add at this point about what I do or don't do is utter sh1ite. Not only have I put my time and effort into CS

... ?

but i've also put my time into other games such as DoD which I might add I am part of the irish squad for. I haven't claimed I would have been good enough ever to play for the team but tbh it's only fair to give people a chance to show they can play. Working alone on word of mouth of people leaves out those who haven't been seen, and who haven't been JUDGED by dNC or whoever to be good enough.

Congratulations on making the DoD team, the significance is astonishing.

There is a time and place for giving people a chance to show they can play. The national team in a 5 nations competition is NOT it.
    To add to the point - it shouldn't fall solely on people who have apparently done so much for the community to have an opinion. Looking through other posts on the CS board (guess what you can look at the board when you're not logged in WHOOPS!!) i've noticed the mods trolling people much more than I have. Infact it wasn't even a troll. It was an opinion, and BARELY an insinuation to a point. Then when someone else mentions the same point they are flamed but not banned? A prime example of double standards - no wait let me rephrase that - NO standards!!

It wasn't an opinion, and it wasn't BARELY an insinuation. It was a blatent insinuation, and more than one. As rob has already pointed out, it was a typical snide post from you trying to get at those who actually do something to help the community. For this reason, i banned you. I stand by my decision.

1. Kaids we'll not agree to disagree because we are the longest standing active CS clan in Ireland. If you want to disagree then give an example.

2. As for Baz - good for him, but I go back to my original point that it shouldn't matter how much you put into the community to have an opinion.

But you seem to be quoting me and not understanding a single thing I say. If you don't understand - please feel free to ask questions. There will be refreshments at breaktime, so pull up a seat and open your books to chapter 9 - admin abuse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

All this goes to prove why people who organise themselves into "clans" to play quake etc should be banned... from interacting with the rest of the universe. Or such interactions as are left after spending years worrying about 0wning HPB's and months of fiddling with their config files.

Note to those concerned:
    It's just a game.
    Actually, it's just a discussion board about a game.
    Trivial?

Actually i was referring to the keeping VAR going being a good job.

And you seem to have missed that you weren't banned for having an opinion. You were banned for making your usual snide insinuations.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

This is going on long enough. Iceman got his slap on the wrist. He should be unbanned from the cs board. Alot of people know now they have to be careful when posting on the cs board. Job done thank you gg.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hey Ice-ice baby! (Loved you in Top Gun man)

If someone in your clan consistently whinged and complained and accused you of all sorts of devious things and generally tried to undermine your authority, what would you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Merc, did you scan that in(looks like a bad scanner and or reduced image quality).

Would take it off your hands for a few quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I'm still with Ice!
    You can be my wingman anytime.

.logic.

/me contemplates a wow that's really interesting to this pile of turd but remembers that would take effort, where did I come in to stand by ice and ask he be unbanned etc rob? :rolleyes:

Get a gherkin, please :)

• Advertisement

Still waiting to be unbanned.

I'm not really expecting the CS mods to do it because they've already shown their hand on this. I'm requesting from the powers that be that I be unbanned please.

Who watches the watchers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

My god, wont someone lock this thread?
    It's just another bitch lesson with nobody actualy posting anything constructive.

Didn't kaids infact say that it was only a temp ban?
    ****sake, leave it at that.

And I'm not going back ANYONE up here.
    Whether Iceman is banned for a good reason or not is null point.
    He's not going to be unbanned until due time, and that's obvious.
    Bottom line is that this is only a BITCH LESSON for the would be primadonnas of boards.

Still banned - still no answer from Dev - what's happening guys?

How high should I be assuming this goes as a personal matter? Is it all the way to the top?

:o
    Mebbe they don't feel like lifting it yet..
    lock this thread, lift the ban pls gg, shots, wp..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If I interceded everytime a person complained that they were unfairly banned i'd:

1. Have no time to breath regularly.

2. Have no Moderators left. We trust them, they are the people watching the forum religiously.

I dont react if theres nothing to react to. Oh and by the way, I dont know you from adam so dont flatter yourself that its some big super secret plot to nail you by the admins.

DeV.

Fair enough Dev but I have mailed you in an effort to take this out of the admin board and ask you to resolve this.

You talk about trusting the mods to do their job. I've explained that I don't think this is a cut and dry case of them doing their job. The message I sent you explained my MULTIPLE reasons for questioning this. If the standard taken to ban me was applied to everyone on that board in a fair and equal manner, then the mods themselves would have been banned numerous times before they had become mods. And since then there would have been a might plenty other people banned or temp banned.

I'm more to the point trying to get you to take a look at the situation. I can understand you appoint people so that you don't HAVE to look at each individual case or look into forums to see what's going on, but in this case I think it's a point that needs to be addressed.

If the ruling is to be fair and equal then either unban me or it's time to look at the other posters there and begin to ban more often.

The whole point of this matter is that it's not fair. I've also had other people point out to me curious facts about this matter. If you would care to reply to my message I could explain my matter in full.

I think if you appoint mods as trusted reps then as you've appointed me one please give me the pleasure of trusting me enough to even listen to what I have got to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

attentionwhore.jpg

<AHEM>

Iceman,

Let me explain something, I dont usually reply to my PM's.
    I sure dont reply to people who want me to take a dicussion THEY started and get rid of it.

So, if you have points you want to make, make em here. I've read more of the CS forum then you think.

DeV.

I will unban you next weekend.

You could try asking Ltm, Shinji or Mills to unban you before that If you like, maybe they are more reasonable than I am!

Still banned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement