Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio show at the Burlington

Options
  • 09-11-2002 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I had a wander around there today. Lots to see. I hadn't been to one before so I can't compare it to others but I was duly entertained.
    A few different vendors were selling CDs and SACDs which I thought were good value for money.
    It is E5 to get in but I think it was worth it. On tomorrow also. Cloney audio put it on so you can probably get details from their site.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Thanks for that info, think I'll pop in tomorrow.
    I see B&W are exhibiting, I'm gonna go see them straight away, want to get a listen to the 602S3s before I buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭John mac

I Don't believe it!!
    I was in the big smoke today looking for speakers(KEF 2005 or Celestion 305) still havent listned to them.
    There is a serious lack of choice out there!( HI Fi shops) i could only find 3 in the city center.
    I would have hot tailed it down to the Burlo if i had known:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

That truly is unfortunate. I don't know that I would've bought speakers or any other item based solely on hearing it there though. It might help to narrow it down but that's all. It was very busy and room acoustics were really terrible.
    The B&W room was very unimpressive and I would have to assume it was the room itself. I think there must've been up to E100K of gear playing in the room and I expected to be blown away and very jealous but nothing of the sort happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Go into the Philips room in Brown Thomas - Plasma screen the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

There will be people demonstrating Home Cinema setups at the Toys for Bigs Boys show this weekend.

I managed to get a couple of free tickets from a mate so I'll be checking it out on Saturday :)

www.expotrail.com/boystoys

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by gandalf
    There will be people demonstrating Home Cinema setups at the Toys for Bigs Boys show this weekend.

:eek: That deserves a thread all of its own.
    Next door to the "LadsPad" is parked the Big Boys transport;
    - a brand new Schweizer 300CB Piston Helicopter;
    - the futuristic sleek 2054 Lexus that was featured in Tom Cruise's film Minority Report;
    - Formula One racing car;
    - Yamaha R1 Motorbike
    Drool!!!

Advertisement