Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat NetSmart Invoice

Options
  • 09-11-2002 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else got an e-mail Invoice from NetSmart yet? I got mine yesterday, but I cannot figure out what kind of file it is, as it has no extension. I tried it as a pdf, doc, xls, html, jpg, bmp and a few other formats and still have no clue as to how to open it.

Anyone else had any luck? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I tried it as a pdf, doc, xls, html, jpg, bmp

.eml or .txt perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

maybe its a mac file only, which would be unusual to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Ok, I'm guessing it's a PDF file that got garbled, cause in notepad, this is near the last line:

! 7 Ûz÷h@0fvK?Â@0fvK?Â77Ae:\dime\output\000000aResidential-Normal-1106-152208-DD-7-10.pdfùÍïonf»Á;Ä€ 5:4>>(

I'll try d/ling it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yeah its a PDF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by ando
    maybe its a mac file only, which would be unusual to say the least

Mac and PC files are the same, meaning as long as you have the coresponding program (for example Microsoft Excel), you would be able to open a file created with a Mac on a PC, and visa versa.

• Advertisement

Ok, didn't work. Has anyone succeeded in opening their invoice?

It's not an .exe or .zip file either.

Just checked Banking 365 online, and they show this DD:

08 NOV 2002 - ESAT BUSINESS DD - €20.03

Where on earth did they get that figure from? :rolleyes:

/me goes to check if their customer "support" line is open on a Sunday.

Originally posted by Urban Weigl
    Mac and PC files are the same, meaning as long as you have the coresponding program (for example Microsoft Excel), you would be able to open a file created with a Mac on a PC, and visa versa.

[off-topic]In Theory! Boy did I have hell at uni doing my essays in Word for Windows then having to go to a flipping mac lab to use a laser printer :rolleyes: Anyone here who was at Coleraine pre-1998/9 will now what I'm on about!

Would've done them in the mac lab except they kept freezing.[/off-topic]

No luck with esat "support" yet. I guess there's not much point asking them about the e-mail file (the wha? I can imagine it now) but maybe about why the wierd amount outta my a/c..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Just ring their Customer Care dept 1800 923 222. They should have a copy of your bill, they don't need to know about the email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ihatemushrooms

Hi,

The reason that the billed amounts may differ from what you signed up for is that you mightn`t have been billed for a full two months. I was told it depends on when you signed up and when they sent out their next bills.

Tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ChessHacker

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Ok, I'm guessing it's a PDF file that got garbled, cause in notepad, this is near the last line:

! 7 Ûz÷h@0fvK?Â@0fvK?Â77Ae:\dime\output\000000aResidential-Normal-1106-152208-DD-7-10.pdfùÍïonf»Á;Ä€ 5:4>>(

I'll try d/ling it again.
    Yup. It's a PDF.
    It's encoded as application/ms-tnef which is what exchange servers do when the box "send rich text email" is checked.

There IS a way to retrieve it. Save the mail to disk (e.g. foobar.txt) and get a program called fentun.exe.

You'll have a file starting with:
    Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Then from the command line type:
    fentun foobar.txt

A PDF appears!

You can also install this to decode the attachment automatically.

See http://www.fentun.com for more.

The Netsmart email support people said that I should ring tech support so they could fix my PC...

While I'm at it, I've been asking for an itemised bill like the UTVip people.

Originally posted by ChessHacker
    Yup. It's a PDF.
    It's encoded as application/ms-tnef which is what exchange servers do when the box "send rich text email" is checked.

There IS a way to retrieve it. Save the mail to disk (e.g. foobar.txt) and get a program called fentun.exe.

Worked perfectly :D Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Is the date of the bill/direct debit the same as the date of the quota reset?

Is same uniform for all users, or dependent on signup date?

Advertisement