Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Mid Life Crisis

Options
  • 09-11-2002 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Okay, no-one wanted to talk about Dune, so, in an almost certainly futile attempt to generate conversation, I am going to tell you about an epiphany I recently had.

I started about 6 or 7 months ago, I was doing work experience n a place called Timoney technology in Navan. They make Tanks. Yes-Tanks-in Navan-Navan Co. Meath. I know, that's what I thought. Anyway, before I went to work there for 5 days, I thought I wanted to be an engineer. After working there, I realised the one thing I do not want to be is an engineer. I was so unhappy in there, it was like school but a thousand times worse, because there was no forseeable end to it if I ever got a job like that. I realised that I would never be happy working for someone else.

Anyway, I had been wondering what I wanted to do with my life, seeing as I did not want to end up working in an office, wearing a tie, and chatting up the secretaries at the water cooler, when my friend from CTYI, Cathal, came to stay with me. He told me his family are going to open a SCI-Fi shop in Cork. I realised that that would be such a cool job. When you think about it, there are loads of cool jobs out there that no-one thinks of doing because they seem out of reach. But someone does have to do them. I realised that I would love to do something similarly adventerous with my life, so I decided that, when I leave College, I am going to start my own business. I am going to open a shop, basically which sells cool things. Things like kick ass swords and Martial Arts equipment, really big Radio Controlled cars, those huge action figures that you're not supposed to take out of the box, realy cool penknives, kick ass replica guns, really expensive gizmos like PDAs, nightvision goggles, those pinball machines that you see in the arcade that you'd love to get for your bedroom in general big toys for big boys

Think a cross between the Gadget shop and Forbidden Planet. Well that's my epiphany, what do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i wanna pinball machine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i want forbidden planet. and all things invader zim. ALL of them.
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I want a gerbil. OF DOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I want something completely normal.. like copier paper. Or shoes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

I want.....to know what it is that I want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

I'd buy that for a dollar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

gadgets are cool... if that store existed, i would end up spending both too much time and money in there... so if you do, ban me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Ah jack.......i can so imagine you doing that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

You wouldn't happen to know when this shop is comeing to Cork would you?

Ta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Anyhoo, back on the "I want" topic, I want to live in an underwater utopian society where I rule over all and can call myself God without being struck by lightning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

(you see, that comment is just screaming "slap me")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

*slaps twix_gril*

Oh, wait..you meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yes... Yes she did....

Advertisement