Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what to do??

• 09-11-2002 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

laura likes guy.
    laura has no chance.

what does she do to get situation off her mind?

p.s. go away, bob...not really, though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Ask him out
    If he says yes, hey your in :D
    If he says no, you didn't lose anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

1). Find cave
    2). Find brick
    3). Hit person over head with brick sharply inducing unconscious state.
    4). Drag to cave and... <you get the idea>

Or simply go for it. Why would he say no to YOU? <unless it is really bob and the whole him being attached thing gets in the way>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Sven, she said she likes the guy... hence, it can't be me.

Laura, you know I loves you and to be honest... you could have almost any guy I know... except the one you want. Life is bent as **** like that. I'll talk to you more about this tomorrow / later. Anyway, basically... forget about it. Just stay friends with the guy and who knows what'll happen down the road? Be happy though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Just realised you wanted a way to not think bout it... erm... music is good i find. Just forget it and move on is probably best. Always works for me... So possibly not best advise...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Youll never know unless you try. Get him drunk, invite him back to yours, if he says yes your in, otherwise let him get you drunk and ye both go away happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

if that fails, get chief drunk. He doesnt know the meaning of the word 'no'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Originally posted by Dustaz
    if that fails, get chief drunk. He doesnt know the meaning of the word 'no'

HAH!
    I have been known to be easy when im drunk. As far as im concerned "taken advantage of" is a better term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Let me put it this way hon. Ask him out. Now.

If it's me, ask me out. Now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Laura,

As its probalby been said here before, let this man know that you like him. If you leave it too long, you could lose out on a chance? Is this man a good friend of yours or is he an informal acquaitance? I think you should let him know anyway soon, and you never know, he could feel the same.

Hope that helps

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

1). Find cave 2). Find brick
    Get him drunk, invite him back to yours
    Sign of the times that when in ye oldene dayse the men knocked the women out and now it's the women doing it!

Laura shouldn't give in so easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Laura, you're gorgeous. Beautiful, funny, smart, generally a fabulous person to be around. (I'm not in love with her. Really. Uh... I have to go over here now. ;)) Seriously, asking, or discreetly inquiring, can't hurt. At worst, he'll be flattered. At best, you've got yourself a love toy. :)

Getting him off your mind, if he's not interested... ah, don't try. Just let yourself daydream for a while and enjoy that, and eventually it will pass and you'll get over him.

So, who is he then? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Listen to me.

You have no Chance and you Never will.

Problem Solved. Yeah? Fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Laura

thanks everyone!! i'm fine now....

i got depressed because SOMEONE * bob * made me feel worse.

i'm not going to say anything beause i don't want it to be all uncomfortable and all. and the thing is that when i said i had no chance i didn't just say that. i really don't.

but i really am fine now... just so long as i don't talk to bob...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by daveirl
    this is what happens when they get out of the CTYI board :)

At least they learn manners there.

<< Fio >> - the bitter CTYI mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Has no chance why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Seriously, she has no chance. I mean, have you ever seen her? Christ, I thought I had weight problems but this "girl" is just --- whoah! And the hair on her? Don't get me started.

Ah no, Laura's a great girl but for various reasons it could never work with the guy she likes. And she blames me for it all apparently . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Laura, you're gorgeous. Beautiful, funny, smart, generally a fabulous person to be around.

If you're that special I'd go out with you and so would OrangeRhino after he apologises for being a rude twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by The Saint
    If you're that special I'd go out with you and so would OrangeRhino after he apologises for being a rude twat.

I'd go out with ya too :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

See, nothing to worry about, plenty of offers already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jesus, can you lot bugger of back to your chess board or something?

im surprised this topic is still here.
    normally in days of old with this much spam and useless drival being posted, the thread was immediately decontaminated in the ubbish bin and the offenders warned.

these days nothing is done.

tsk tsk, this place has gone to the dogs....

i blame gordon and his polo necks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Noone's answered my question properly yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Laura

no chance because he's attached.

claire, you're such a sweetheart. they all think i'm great or something.

bob will tell you all otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dabh:

I'm guessing here, but it sounds as though the lad Laura is after is allready attached and only has eyes for his current belle.

Classic case of unrequited love >plink<*

(oooooh can you feel it? Those 5 years of spacing out in English have subliminally come rushing to the forefront of my mush casuing undue distress, sweating and rapturous fits of laughter. I still say my teacher was a boring self-important old fart with an unhealthy obsession with trees.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

You CTYI guys are all in College so its all-in. It doesn't matter a damn if he is attached unless it's his sweetheart from Ballygobackwards. When I was in College any good-looking girls stood a chance with any male student.

Why are half of the people on this thread calling each other by their personal names and seem to know each other. Is the CTYI full of geeks who can no longer communicate without a PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by thegills
    Why are half of the people on this thread calling each other by their personal names and seem to know each other. Is the CTYI full of geeks who can no longer communicate without a PC.
    That's a blatant lie..we also communicate by Ham radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

Yes, ham radios are a very Personal Issue for G@ndalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gordon's polo neck jumps in to save the off-topic thread from certain communicable diseases.

If you want this thread moved to the CTYI forum, Laura, just drop me a pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement