Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Wnaspi32.dll for?

• 10-11-2002 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

My Plextor CDRW software tells me that the wnaspi32.dll
    file is old and should be updated what is it and where do I find one?.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

it was a method created by adaptec a few years ago for its scsi and atapi(ide) devices to communicate with software and vice versa. it soon became the defacto method for software to communicate with cdrom drives in windows95/98/me. with win2k micrsoft dropped support for it and didnt include the aspi layer as standard with windows. try searching for "forceaspi" in google and you will get a package that allows the use of aspi in 2k/xp. that is if your using 2k or xp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks for the feedback, I asked as while everything works fine burning wise, the Plextor software and Nero won't write CD text
    so I was wondering if the wnaspi thing was why...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just an update, I got a new Wnaspi file from Adaptec
    and all is well, I have CD text now.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

yeah all that ws needed was an update, v.5.3.2.34 is the latest for the basic version

Advertisement