Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64?!

• 10-11-2002 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Lookin 4 some handy sites 4 n64 emulators and roms plz if possible, cheerZ:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

your not allowed to ask for roms in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

emmmmmmmmmm rite sorry :O

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Emulators
    http://www.arcadeathome.com/n64.phtml
    Romz
    http://www.arcadeathome.com/roms/index.php?n64
    Some nice Demos here and a few rather excellent PD games:D
    If you lookin for commercial games you'll just have to look it's not very difficult...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

You need a very high end machine to run the roms smoothly.. i wouldn't try running them on anything below a 1.4ghz with at least 256 ram

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Originally posted by Lorax
    You need a very high end machine to run the roms smoothly.. i wouldn't try running them on anything below a 1.4ghz with at least 256 ram

nonsense...An 800mhz and a fairly decent graphics card and your flying! N64 emulation has been round a long time and was around before the 1ghz processor was created. If anyone is struggling playing games on the above or lower spec i suggest you either change emulator or update your card drivers:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

N64 emulation has been round a long time and was around before the 1ghz processor was created

damn straight. back when ultrahle came out you could play zelda64 at full speed on a p2 266 with a voodoo2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by Lorax

ive ran some on a 1.Ghz and 128 ram

with no probs

mario 64 is pure class

had probs with crusin' USA tho

think it was just the rom.

Pfft 1.4Ghz... Load a poo. Im playing em on an amd 700Mhz, and I used to use an ati 128 rage (32 ram) with 128 megs of ram and it ran like a dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Originally posted by Jabba
    Pfft 1.4Ghz... Load a poo. Im playing em on an amd 700Mhz, and I used to use an ati 128 rage (32 ram) with 128 megs of ram and it ran like a dream.
    Try running KI gold on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Bad newbie :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement