Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading, Leeds, Kells?

Options
  • 10-11-2002 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Mean Fiddler and MCD are having a bidding war with Kells Town Council for the use of an area just outside of kells called loyd. If MCD win they want to put on three slane type concerts a year, however if Mean Fiddler win they want to put on a Reading type concert using the Saturday line up at reading on Sunday in Kells, and vice versa. So if your in kells for it and dying for a piss i'll be charging $2 for a slash and $4 for lump outside my house, har har
    Check out this link if you don't believe it

http://www.unison.ie/meath_chronicle/index.php3?ti=50&issue_id=8222

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Arthur Peanut

you have to register to view that so if your too lazy here's what it says:

Concert Heavyweights Shape Up To Promote Kells Musicfest

TWO major rock concert promoters are set to take each other on to stage a planned major music event in Kells next summer.

Kells Town Council is shortly to hear submissions from the two competing concert promoters next Tuesday night, after MCD followed lead of London-based Mean Fiddler Group in seeking the use of the council’s Loyd farm just outside the town for a music extravaganza.

Town Clerk, Mr. Bill Sweeney, told local councillors at Monday night’s meeting of the Town Council that MCD already runs the Slane and Witnness events. It had asked to make a presentation while the Mean Fiddler Group had indicated it would be in Kells to do the same. Members agreed to hear from both concert promoters.

The entire Loyd farm area would be required, with space for overnight camping, and security for the entire site being the responsibility of the event organisor, added Mr. Sweeney.

Kells Area Manager, Mr. Malachi Jenkins, said that while the Town Council was the landowner, the Co. Council would be the licensee. The input of the Gardai, North-Eastern Health Board and other authorities would also be required in determining whether or which project got the go-ahead. Promoters should not think that they had some advantage through getting the Town Council’s agreement, he commented.

Colr. Ollie Sweeney asked whether “the town will make big bucks” while Colr. Brian Curran queried whether one meeting would be enough for the two firms to make their presentations. Acting cathaoirleach, Colr. Peter Caffrey, said that members would simply hear from them on the night and subsequently meet and decide their course of action.

The town will make big bucks, especially if you want a slash har, har

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

well mean fiddler's got my vote!!!!!

i'd much prefer reading/leeds style than slane style!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

Hey,

dont slag it off I'd probably get free tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

personally, i'd be more inclined twards the mean fiddler too, i hate giving mcd a huge % of my meagre earnings each year, its not fair :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Yes, but, Kells!!!!!!?????

• Advertisement

yes, i know Kells..but I'd probably get free tickets! :)

How about you and me set up a burger stall?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

as long as that [athetic pile of horse boll*x that is MCD dont get to replicate the rubbish that is slane a billion times every year i dont care where the hell mean fiddler end up puttin on a show.i went to leeds this year and reading the year before and they are both definitely better than anything that happens here.

Advertisement