Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping Problem!

Options
  • 10-11-2002 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

i usually get about 200/250(while playing CS) or so on Esat BT. But recently(last 3 days) i've been having all kind of problems with it. I'd be playin away, and then all of a sudden my ping would start fluxuating out of control and jump to 1000, then 2500, then 3000 and even more. Then it might drop back down to 200/250 again after a while. its really annoying, and it starting to happen all the time. this is the first time it has ever happened. It just started happening this weekend. Anybody any have a clue as to why this is happening and how to fix it? Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Obvious things....make sure no other internet applications are on at the same time. Not quite so obvious things....maybe you bave some spyware on your PC? Try running ad-aware (you can download free from www.lavasoft.com) and delete any spyare it finds.....Worth a shot anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by mbroaders
    Obvious things....make sure no other internet applications are on at the same time.

well i have MSN, AAAAIM and the all seeing eye yoke on when i'm playing CS that that was never been a problem before
    Originally posted by mbroaders
    Not quite so obvious things....maybe you bave some spyware on your PC? Try running ad-aware (you can download free from www.lavasoft.com) and delete any spyare it finds.....Worth a shot anyhow

I reckon this my be the problem. My sister downloaded Kazaa a few weeks ago, and thats got loads of spyware s**** in it, so i'll try downloading that program and see if it sorts it self out.

I was doing slightly better tonight, only going really bad when i for small bits, but it was still pretty crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Uninstall Kazaa and download Kazaa lite. www.kazaalite.tk from what i remember or do a google. It has all the functionality of Kazaa without the spyware.

So bad ping has resurfaced again. I was just playin there and it kept saying "Warning: CL_FlushEntityPacket", what does that mean?
    Also i downloaded that adware thing, and did a system scan. I came up with a bunch of files, but i wasn't sure which ones to get rid of, cuz i thought some of them might be essential for windows. Do u think it would be wise of me to post up all the files it found and then someone to tell me all the ones i should get rid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I have always just let ad-aware get rid of everything ... it is not a dumbass program, it only removes adware and spyware and cookies AFAIK ...

Definitely remove Kazaa and start using kazaa lite .. same prog but no malware....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

your obviously playing on 56k.

if you want low & more stable pings, get isdn or something. Youll have a 40-60 ping and generally if you not on a server in the back-arse of taiiwan your going to have a sub150 ping all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

^ What BigEejit said.

Let it delete the lot - adaware is quite a good program.

You've probably got quite a lot of files that have been flagged by adaware - if you've never run it before you'll have hundreds of cookies that need flushing (damn doubleclick). And they're not even the ones you need worry about - it's the program files that'll cause the trouble

it's the program files that'll cause the trouble

so what programs might they be?

Advertisement