Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burner problem in 2k

• 10-11-2002 4:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

i have an lg 4x burner http://www.lgeus.com/ced_8041b.asp

and i formatted/reinstalled 2k recently, and since that reinstall whenever I burn things, my net connection speed drops considerable.. i could be getting 5k/s on a download, i would start burning and it would drop to 0.1k/s, i wouldn't be able to connect to any websites, etc etc

machines a 1.2ghz athlon, 512 megs ram, and the modem is a creative 56k external.. i neve rhad any problem like this before the reinstall... does anyone know what's going on?
    oh yeah, and I'm using Nero burning Rom 5.5.6.4

{edit} I've noticed that when I'm burning, I get alot of errors on the 'received' side of my net connection, whereas I get none normally...

ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

have u got dma enabled on ur burner?
    if not , try enabling it..

also latest firmware flash on those lg burners helps alot..
    i seen issues with them where after year or so, they
    stop burning at there max speed, like just coaster after coaster.

Firmware flash fixed that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the burner doesn't support dma.. only pio .. ts on pio mode 4

aye, i was going to flash the firmware, but I would hvae to go into dos to do that, and I don't have a bootdisk (or a floppy drive for that matter:) ), and I can't find any of my bootable cds that would let me get into dos to do it...

i'll have another looksie I suppose :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nope, i upgraded the firmware and it still kills my connection in the same way... oddly enough though when I was burning a CDRW instead of a normal CDR i had no problems at all...

Advertisement