Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who else is developing games?

Options
  • 06-03-1999 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest... how many of the rest of us are actually actively involved in game development? I know I am, and Dr Teeth is... dunno about the rest of ye.

I'm looking for artists, modellers, skinners, sound effects people... perhaps we should do up a list of those people with talent in programming or in art/sound who want to work on commercial projects?

Ja na,
    Shin-chan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bates

I'm working on a small Quake2 pc on my own. Doing all the modeling,mapping,sounds. My only current problem is the absence of a good quake 2 programer. I can do a little bit of programing (i implmented a chase cam) but for anything more complex i'm in over my head. I'm doing this small project so that I can start to build a portfolio to try and get on to a large (possibly) commerical TC.

If anyone is woundering I can show you people some screen shots and give me some feedback.

ChR "I want to be paul steed smile.gif" oMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Well, I only do designing and storyboards like. I did some stuff for Origin and Westwood on a voluntary basis, just basic ideas.

Other then that I'm looking for a company to develope some of my game ideas but I aint getting much luck.

Kegs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Okay, here's the deal with SymbioSyS Software.

We're primarily Irish guys, although there are an increasingly large number of English lads getting involved, but the top people are still Irish - and it's staying that way! smile.gif

Currently, we've got full developer access to the LithTech engine, and we're working well with Monolith. We're developing a first-person shooter - think Tribes, but primarily indoors, and with far more diverse character classes, as well as an "epic" singleplayer section with very intelligent bots. It's a little like Rainbow Six in that respect - even in singleplayer, there are several players on your team, whom you can control. Those bots can be used to make up the numbers in multiplay as well.

We're also looking at doing a port to the DreamCast, and hence to the arcade - the idea being to have 16 DreamCasts in arcade cases lined up, with special controllers and so on, that you slot the cash in and play a lagless game... ^_^

Now, we've got a fairly compact dev team at the moment, with plenty of room to grow. Anyone with modelling or level design experience is more than welcome! As, for that matter, are people who do sound FX. Any others with experience in game creation... drop me a line!!!!

BTW, we're all students/working, so it's 100% part-time, and right now, it's voluntary because we haven't got an advance smile.gif

Ja na
    Shin-chan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

BTW eamo you haven't the body to be Paul Steed tongue.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

C / C++ / VB (lol) / JAVA programmer soon to finish a National Diploma in Software Engineering and will be looking for work curlydav.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

loads of development experience, now into the management of projects type of things, i'm great at shouting at folk. never really found the time to do proper work on the q2 source, just messed around. would b interested in working on a non-commercial TC for fun. My favorite color is blue and i dream of world peace

Advertisement