Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For The Men: Deordorant

• 10-11-2002 8:06pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Ok,
    here's the question....how many of you guys wear deordorant?
    if you dont, could you list your reason's why?
    I have been coming across a lot of guys who dont and it is quite offensive as far as I am concerned.
    I have postd one for the ladies so you can see what we think about it as well....
    please if you think you have a good reason for not wearing it,
    tell us! We may have a reply that will change your minds!

to wear it or not to wear it 67 votes

No, I am a manley man and we dont need it
    0% 0 votes
    no,I dont wearit because of a medical condition
    8% 6 votes
    yes, I wear it...everyone should
    0% 0 votes
    atari Jaguar
    91% 61 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, I wear it. but I Don't think everyone should :P

i only wear it cos I sweat a whore of a lot, and it would prob piss the people around me in college to have to smell eau-de-mord all day long

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Depends really on the person if they sweat a lot etc. Generally I think everyone should wear DO to protect from BO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

The problem isnt not wearing deodrant its not washing.
    Sweat only smells when its gone stale, If you wash everyday it wont ever get stale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I wear aftershave..not all the time tho cos tisn't needed.

I dont tend to sweat loads so deodorant isn't needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

It does all depend on personal hygiene. I would wear some deodorant every day, but it's a matter of just-in-case, because I have been told I don't need it.

I'd also use anti-perspirant in the summer in addition to deodorant, or rather when it's warm (you know or summers :rolleyes:), cause I would tend to sweat a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I put on deoderant but not bucket loads. Imo someone who piles on the deoderant can have just as an offensive smell as sweat.

If you don't smell don't wear it, but thats a risky buisness as you could get stuck in a hot room and can't help yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah, everyday. It's not that I smell bad or anything it's a just in case. Plus I'm just used to using it all the time now. I dont put on loads though, because that's just as bad as stinking.
    I use deoderant not anti-perspirant because I dont sweat all that much. tbh I just really like the smell of Lynx Africa and Atlantis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

just a touch of deoderant every morning and before & after work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

My sexy asian body doesn't sweat much even after lengthly exercises and nor does it have BO, so I tend not to need it in the slightest. It also sorta stings my skin if I do wear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I always wear deodorant and an odourless anti bacterial spray.

I never use anti-persperants due to the fact they block the pours and cause the toxins to be reabsorbed by the body cuasing un-needed stress on other organs to excrete them.

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Yup i go for the two deodrant sprays underarms and then a chilling spray down the back.
    There is nothing worse than somebody who smells of bo. If i do come in contact with somebody who does even hint of bo i tend to do a runner asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I wear it when i am going to meet people, like college, going out drinking, whatever.

I don't when going to work. Absoloutly pointless for me to put it on there. I get way too sweaty there and nobody give a rats ass there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Don't smell, don't wear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Atari Jaguar sounds like a nice deodorant. Where can one buy the stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

oh u gotta wear it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by logic1
    odourless anti bacterial spray.

this is made by? and how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by STaN
    this is made by? and how much?

This is the one I use

Most pharmacies should have it.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Discovered something known as "washing" and found I smell rather pleasant. Those monthly (fortnightly, if I'm feeling adventurous, and the plumbing can take the strain) showers really worked wonders for me, far better than the bi-annual ones, I'd have to recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Well, I work from home so I dont tend to use it unless I know i'll be going out that night/day.

My problem is finding a dedorant which is actually half bearable, most of em smell terrbile(ive never discovered nice lynx deo).

Physio Sport is alright so i usually go with that, majority of them are just disgusting and as bad as BO imo.

Addidas also have a new one out which i was impressed with, cant think of the name right now.

Issey Miyake Eau pour homme is what i prefer in sprays, beats any deo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Deodorant everyday and a little splash of the oul aftershave... something mild like Hugo.. rather pleasant...

I have to as I deal with end users all day, pity some of them dont take the hint... hmmmm... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement