Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

for the ladies....men and hygene

• 10-11-2002 8:12pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies,
    Do you find it offensive when you go on a date and he isnt wearing deodorant...and you can tell?
    I do, and A few guys told me they dont wear it cause they are a 'man' and dont need it....whatever.
    Hygene is hygene, some people may be able to take a shower and not sweat enough to smell without it, but its highly unlikley.
    Everyone sweats and that is why they made deordorant.
    Is there a woman out there who likes that smell?
    I kow in some countries they consider it anaphrodesiac to smell such things, whatever so. This isnt one of those countries and frankley,the better a guy smells the closer Iwant to get ;)
    so tell us what you think!

which do you prefer in a man? 13 votes

Men who have that 'Manley' smell (no deodorant)
    0% 0 votes
    Men who wear deodorant
    7% 1 vote
    men who wear deodorant and cologne
    38% 5 votes
    atari jaguar
    53% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

errr, arent these threads what personal issues are for?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

if you ain't smellin' good, back off baby!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

I smell delicious!

Originally posted by mirv
    I smell delicious!

are you trying to sell yourself mirv?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Well if ye're on a date I think it's only expected that both parties smell their best.

The problem is alot of men just have very poor hygiene. They shower infrequently, hardly ever clean up after themselves, live in disgustingly dirty rooms and houses and see nothing wrong with it.

Then again some women are exactly the same.

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Please, wear some kind of deodorant/anti-persperant, or it just isn't sexy at all. Nothing worse than the stench of BO.

Also, men that wear a lot of aftershave, STOP IT! They often end up smelling like women. Also not sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    are you trying to sell yourself mirv?? :)

Sell?

Sold!

Originally posted by mirv
    Sold!

perhaps to logic............
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The aphrodisiac property would be the pheromones in sweat, but stale sweat is another thing altogether (mingin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

He should have had a shower, be weariing deoderant and a little cologne/aftershave. But not too much, don't want to choke!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

definitly deodrant everyday. I generally wear both everyday, not too much aftershave though, just a dab of coolwater here and there.
    I f3ckin hate smelly people.

Advertisement