Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optical wireless keyboard & mouse

• 10-11-2002 9:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking at buying an optical wireless keyboard & mouse combination. Microsoft's isn't out yet, but this'll be what it looks like. Logitech's is here. I already have a Microsoft Natural Pro, but I tried a black Dell-branded keyboard the other day and I much preferred the key action. I also have a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer and the front (forward) button isn't really usable. That said, I had a Logitech mouse before and it caused IRQ havoc. So, feedback would be a help.

Ta again,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

We got the Logitech ergonomic set for my wife about 18 months ago (in PC World for our sins) and so far it's been fantastic. The only question mark hanging over it is battery consumption (the mouse needs a battery change every 10-14 days or so but that may just be the cheap rechargeables we're using). Other than that it's a great set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I have a Dell pc (from 2000 though - still the beige colour then) and I must say I do love the keyboard, although I have been thinking about getting an ergonomic one as my left hand gets a bit sore after typing for a while ( I suppose it would help if I would start using the right shift key as well as the left one :D) but I don't want to end up with a piece of cräp. Was the Dell keyboard you were using an ergonomic one? Would love to get one of them.

And on the subject of optical wireless mice, how many batteries do they take? Ten days to a fortnight would be okay with rechargeable batteries if it took one or two I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

No wireless keyboard here, but I did purchase a Logitech MX700. Definately recommend it and does not have any lag issues in FPS-type games (well none I've seen!), like other older wireless mice (MS and logitech)

Dizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

did ye read This ?!:rolleyes: .....and I DO like those Y2K vitage Dell keyboards I must admit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Was the Dell keyboard you were using an ergonomic one?

No, it was just a regular keyboard, the black one that comes with the current Dimensions. The ergonomic keyboard I have is a Microsoft Natural Pro, and although I like it, I think I'd be more likely to take the Logitech if it had a firmer key action, like the Dell keyboard mentioned above.

And on the subject of optical wireless mice, how many batteries do they take?

I didn't think they took batteries to be honest, and that seems pretty messy to me. Some of the Logitech mice[1] have their own charger, that you dump the mouse into. Like this. This has me wondering about the keyboard now too. Hmmm.

adam

[1] I absolutely refuse to call them "mouses". It sounds like something out of a Disney cartoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I have the logitech cordless desktop optical package, cost me feckin' STG£85 last year :rolleyes:
    Must say though, worth every penny. I've read in a few places about people having problems with optical mice for first person shooter games, I have never encountered this problem with any of the latest fps games, I'd recommend it no problem.
    The mouse takes two batteries and I have replaced them 3 times in the last year, so pretty good. The keyboard takes 4 batteries and I haven't needed to replace them yet, which is also good, considering the ammount of fps games I play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I have a Chic wireless mouse and a BTC wireless keyboard.
    Both items are Silver and Black .
    I paid 35 euro for them on Ebuyer and then are excellent.
    I have them 2 months and the batteries are still going strong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks for the feedback folks. Much appreciated.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I I paid 35 euro for them on Ebuyer and then are excellent.

MisterAnarchy..

Just visitied ebuyer.com i presume...and when asked for my deatils its looking for uk address only?
    it says something like enter your post code and we will build your address??

saw a nice BTC set there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

ive got a microsoft natural pro keyboard meself & though its a little bulky i wouldnt trade it fer anythin. nice design, plenty of programmable keys & extra usb ports.

as fer the mouse i got an optical cordless from aldi bout a month back & take it from me man they aint worth the hassle. ye u dont have to worry bout wires anymore but i keep forgettin to charge the f*ckin thing & its the last thing u want when u sit down at the pc to have to work without the mouse fer 20 mins or so to put enogh charge into it to last a couple hours.
    theyve been the bane of my exams this week.

also it goes a bit wonky from time to time & i have to sychronise the base station & mouse again.

also cordless mouse will take up another plug.

overall i have to say i dont see much benefit for the hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Hello Washout,
    If you enter your Irish Address in the address section and put Rep Ire as the Postcode they will deliver to you.
    Delivery is expensive to here though.

Advertisement