Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.A.P. juke box problem

• 10-11-2002 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with my juke box I want to delete the preinstalled music and talking books but they are protected. I updated playcenter, drivers and firmware and I still cant get rid of them.

Does anyone have any ideas other then formating the thing, which I dont want to do (have loads of other stuff on it too) and I figure I'm more likely to get a solution here than with their tech support.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

You can't delete or copy the preinstalled files as they are locked. What you need to do is unlock them filrst. Naturally you cannot do this with the playcentre software. What you need to do is download a third party application to "unlock" all those MP3's. I cannot remember the name of the saoftware but if you need it let me know and I'll check at home. A good source for Jukebox related stuff is:

http://www.nomadness.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

hmmm.......... is that a new thing? When I got my jukebox I was able to delete all the preinstalled stuff with out any problems. I got mine at the start of 2001 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Err, Daveg, that's to copy the protected files. Deleting them isn't a problem. First thing I did when I got mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Err, Daveg, that's to copy the protected files. Deleting them isn't a problem. First thing I did when I got mine.
    I'm having a problem with my juke box I want to delete the preinstalled music and talking books but they are protected. I updated playcenter, drivers and firmware and I still cant get rid of them.

I presumed that he couldn't delete them as they were protected.
    If this is not the case then you can go into playcentre and you should be able to delete them 1 by 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

You can completely format the hardrive, which is not hard but can be risky.
    Formatting for the Jukebox 1 is:

When the box starts up, straight away hold down on/off and it will format it.

You should read about it to get more info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement