Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nvidia driver problems

• 11-11-2002 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Today the new 40.72 whql(woooo) drivers are out. im having some problems with the display control panel extension though.

display.jpg

as you can see the nview part wont work. im reduced to using powerstrip to change the gamma and i need it because my monitor is reeeal dark. has anyone else had this problem?

oh yeah its a fresh installation of xp with sp1 and none of the 30.xx series drivers have been installed before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

this happens on a new pc i made for a mate i installed the latest drivers on a 2k system and will will just lock up when you try to make the changes id say its a driver issue but i`m not too sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

alt.comp.periph.videocards.nvidia
    Plenty of the same problem with maybe one or two solutions ;)

Dizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*hmmm*
    same GF2 Mx as me...

I have probs with the 40.71's [or which ever ones came on the UT2K3 cd]
    When running GTA3, my moniter would switch off. :confused:
    The game was still running as I can hear it in the speakers.

When I quit the game, back on popped the moniter.
    I re-installed the 30.82's thinking it was the drivers but to no avail.

Dunno wtf happened.

Advertisement